Re: sims

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims

★★★ Newbie

Hello, this problem just happened as I was playing. So my sim was in university and the term ended so she was sent home. It was all normal and fine until the world/home loaded and it looked like this. I can’t click on  anything and the sim that it loaded on isn’t apart of the household. My other worlds load perfectly fine and I can play in them. This is the first time this has happened, please help !

Message 1 of 2 (263 Views)

Re: sims

@xiuminiac  It looks like the travel transition broke, which it often does.  There are a couple of approaches you can take to try to prevent this.  One is to lower the stress on the game engine as much as possible before the transition:

• Empty your sims' inventories as much as possible.  A few items is fine; a hundred is not.
  • Use "save as" to rename the save, then quit (without saving) immediately before you want to travel.
  • Load the game just to the Main Menu.  Turn off memories, the in-game shopping experience, and the hidden object interactive loading screens.
  • Lower all the graphics settings to the minimum.  (You can revert to your normal settings after the travel transition.)  Now quit the game again, without loading a save.
  • Delete the five cache files in your game folder in Documents: CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache.
  • Empty out everything in FeaturedItems as well.
  • If you play through Origin, sign in and then put Origin in offline mode.  Now disconnect your computer from the internet—turn off wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord.
  • Now launch your game, load the save, and send your sim(s) home right away, as soon as the game clock starts moving forward.

The other approach is to use mods, specifically NRaas Traveler, along with ErrorTrap and Overwatch.  Traveler replaces the fragile EA travel transition with a much more stable version, the other two clean up bad data and other issues more generally.  They all work fine without any player intervention.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (241 Views)