sims

by emilyinsulani

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I recently updated my game to the June 3rd patch for the Sims, and when I load up my game, everything is fine till I hit play. When I go into a household, everyone is there, but the stuff that would usually be in the bottom (inventory, mood, etc) is all gone. I can't interact with anything either. I tried CAS, and it was working fine, it's just that the genetics icon is stretched across the box where you would select your sims's clothes or whatever. I also cannot use the icons on top of the screen, like the three dots, and to exit out of my game I have to restart my PC. My gallery will not load and instead of it saying 'News, Profile, etc', it would just say 'WWWWWWW' Finally, when I was loading in, usually underneath the Plumbob loading thing it would share a tip, but mine just said 'OK' (It only did this once though).  

Note: I have a lot of CC and some mods, and the only packs I have are Cats and Dogs, Tiny Living and the free ones. 

I think it may be an outdated mod. I'm scared that if I repair my game I might loose my CC/Mods.

Please help because I'm really worried about my game! 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 12 (739 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims

@emilyinsulani  You can start by making a backup copy of your saves folder (inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) in case you need it later.  Your saves shouldn't be affected by a repair, but it's always good to have backups.

Please remove your mods, at least temporarily, and test without them.  For your existing saves, you don't need to save your progress while testing; the point is to see whether the problem is gone.  If it is, you can add back your mods in batches, testing each time to see whether the issue returns.  If and when it does, you'll know that the last batch contained a problem mod, and you can split the batch and test again until you've found out which one it is.

Please keep in mind though that a number of mods may be broken after this latest patch, and you'll need to remove or update them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (732 Views)

All Replies

@emilyinsulani  You can start by making a backup copy of your saves folder (inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) in case you need it later.  Your saves shouldn't be affected by a repair, but it's always good to have backups.

Please remove your mods, at least temporarily, and test without them.  For your existing saves, you don't need to save your progress while testing; the point is to see whether the problem is gone.  If it is, you can add back your mods in batches, testing each time to see whether the issue returns.  If and when it does, you'll know that the last batch contained a problem mod, and you can split the batch and test again until you've found out which one it is.

Please keep in mind though that a number of mods may be broken after this latest patch, and you'll need to remove or update them.

Message 2 of 12 (733 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi!

i have been having the same problem and all my sims are t-posing and not doing anything i ask.

I tried everything, resting the sims, going into cas, build mode and travelling

i tried removing all my mods but all of my sims seem to be broken.

any suggestions?

Message 3 of 12 (722 Views)

@Lilyvant  Please test in a clean user data folder, as described above, and let me know whether the new sims still have the same issue.

Message 4 of 12 (715 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Hi! how do you create a ‘clean user data folder?’

p.s. this glitch started happening after the new update to the game.

Message 5 of 12 (692 Views)

@Lilyvant  Oh sorry, I thought I'd posted that here, but it was another thread.

Move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just start a new save and have a look.

If the sims in the new save don't T-pose, you can copy one of your existing saves to the clean folder and test as well.

Message 6 of 12 (671 Views)

★★★ Novice

okay, i’ll try that and get back to you!

Message 7 of 12 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict It hasn’t  the worked! this is so stressful! Do you have any other suggestions?

Message 8 of 12 (655 Views)

@Lilyvant  Do the sims in the new save also T-pose, or just the ones in your existing save in the clean folder?

Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

Please then test in a new clean folder, both with a new save and your existing one, and let me know whether either of them work normally.  If not, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 9 of 12 (632 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict It is working! thank you so much!

Message 10 of 12 (582 Views)