Re: sims

by KelseyPoole1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing Sims 4 for years with over 1700 hours in it and suddenly a couple days ago it has started crashing on startup, it will load the first blue screen with the sims 4 logo, freeze, and then crash to desktop. I have tried every conceivable option:

- uninstalled/reinstalled Origin AND sims 4

- removed mods and cc

- renamed user files

- removed sims 4 folder and forced the game to create new users

- clean booted my pc

- repaired sims 4 through origin

- turned off Origin In-game

- ran sims 4 in compatibility mode

- tried to update Origin

- cleared the caches for sims 4 and origin

- ran the game in offline mode

I don't know what else to do i sent a report in to EA but they just gave me some BS reply and told me to do things I've already done, I sent a reply back and tried to get them to read my crash.txt document since they are the only ones who can ready it but I don't know if they actually will. HELP I'm feeling helpless after I've put so much time into the game and now its just dead. I have attached my DxDiag for viewing.

Message 1 of 4 (355 Views)

Accepted Solution

@KelseyPoole1  Your dxdiag clearly shows that Razer Chroma is causing Sims 4 errors.  So please uninstall that and any other Razer software you have.

You don't need to clear up any space on your storage drive.  71 GB free is more than enough for whatever you're doing with your computer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (329 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@KelseyPoole1 What id the wattage of the power supply? Also try to free up space on the storage device.

Message 2 of 4 (334 Views)

@KelseyPoole1  Your dxdiag clearly shows that Razer Chroma is causing Sims 4 errors.  So please uninstall that and any other Razer software you have.

You don't need to clear up any space on your storage drive.  71 GB free is more than enough for whatever you're doing with your computer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I uninstalled all Razer programs, restarted my pc, and now the game works. thank you sooooooo much I was freaking out!!

Message 4 of 4 (300 Views)