Re: sims

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims

★★ Apprentice

Let's Play The Sims 4 Not so Berry Challenge Part 1 Starting out (Mint Gen) - YouTube my sim couldn't get in through her doors and she keeps getting tense about not being creative when she doesn't have that trait

Message 1 of 16 (578 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Blackredminty  Try moving your sim to a different house, just as a test.  If it works, save her old house to your library, bulldoze the lot, replace it with its library copy, and try out the lot again.  You may need to delete and replace some doors, but that should be simple enough to do.  If your sim would lose money with the move, you can just cheat to give her a bit more.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 13 of 16 (614 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

that link has proof of it

Message 2 of 16 (577 Views)
Highlighted

@Blackredminty  Those sound like mod issues.  Please move your entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and test.  If the doors still don't work, try reverting to a previous save, again with mods still removed.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

Message 3 of 16 (532 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i don't see that package in my mods folder

Message 4 of 16 (520 Views)

@Blackredminty  The localthumbcache.package file is in the Sims 4 folder, and anyway you don't need to worry what's inside Mods if you're moving the entire folder to your desktop.

Message 5 of 16 (515 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i tried both things removing the mods folder and deleting that package and she still can't walk through the doors didn't play enough to check the creative thing i'll try that when i record it again

Message 6 of 16 (491 Views)

@Blackredminty  I still think you might need to revert to a previous save as well; removing the mods might not be enough alone.  Either way, let me know how it goes.

Message 7 of 16 (474 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i'll let u know after iv'e been on there not sure if iv'e tried it after the update

Message 8 of 16 (457 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i tried it today and it still doesn't work even tho i have the latest patch of the sims 4

Message 9 of 16 (437 Views)

@Blackredminty  Do you still have these issues in a backup copy of the save and with no mods or custom content present?  If so, try loading a backup in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, load the game once to spawn a new folder, and copy over one of the backups.  Then let me know which problems are still present, if any.

Message 10 of 16 (426 Views)