sims won't make food

by Adelphia1928

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims won't make food

★★ Novice

So I'm having an issue where my sim will get ingredients out of the fridge, put it on the floor and won't make their meal. I've tried moving it onto counters or deleting it and having them get something else but it still doesn't work. Anyone have this issue too, or know how to fix it?

Message 1 of 7 (2,993 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims won't make food

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I think I've found the cause of the bug. When my sim decides they should sleep I get multiple tasks of sleeping in the queue and one gets crossed out as a canceled task but doesn't go away while they continue on with their day perfectly fine till they try to cook and suddenly can't. I guess I'll just have to not let my sim decide they should sleep and just always decide for them.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (2,929 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@Adelphia1928 

Are they doing the wave that means I can't do that? If so there is something blocking them. There must be one stove with nothing in front, on or above it and one kitchen counter with the same requirements.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (2,975 Views)

★★ Novice

No they won't even try. It just immediately deletes in the queued tasks.

Message 3 of 7 (2,964 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this same issue. They won't cook, they won't clean up, and I also can't do laundry. They just drop it on the floor. There's nothing in the way. They don't wave like there's something in the way. They just stand there and put it on the floor. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my game. Took out the mods.... nothing works.

Message 4 of 7 (2,949 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 7 (2,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I think I've found the cause of the bug. When my sim decides they should sleep I get multiple tasks of sleeping in the queue and one gets crossed out as a canceled task but doesn't go away while they continue on with their day perfectly fine till they try to cook and suddenly can't. I guess I'll just have to not let my sim decide they should sleep and just always decide for them.

Message 6 of 7 (2,930 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this issue with mine. I tried so many times to get them to make a cake for my child sim to age up, and they refused. Turns out an action was cancelled somehow with something already in the oven. So I went into build mode and replaced the stove. Then it worked.

Message 7 of 7 (2,905 Views)