Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims teleport up/down stairs and all actions queued are canceled

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except batuu and my first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? tell a sim to do something that requires them to go up or down stairs or platforms
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim will begin walking to do the action you tell them to do and when they get close to the stairs they teleport to the top if they had to go upstairs or bottom if they had to go down and any actions you had queued up for them to do are canceled.
What do you expect to see? the sim walks up/down the stairs and proceeds to do the tasks they were told to do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it was either after the 7/27 or 7/20 patch that i first noticed it.

i thought it was supposed to have been fixed in the 8/24 patch but im still seeing it happen so idk if it's just a separate bug entirely, which is super frustrating because i have to micromanage everything my sims do or else they sometimes won't go to school or work, or use the bathroom or eat like i told them to. its hard having a 7 sim household when you have to hold everyone's hand in everything they do to make sure it gets done. i removed my mods and cc in groups and ended up with only mccc and the cas mod that adds more columns, and even after i removed both of those the issue still occurred. i have also repaired my game multiple times since first experiencing this bug, the most recent time being last night.

here's a video of the bug happening, in the lower left hand corner of the clip you can see my sim's daughter experience this bug. (sorry abt the staticky sounds in the bg, i repaired my game so idk if its just in my headset or another bug or what)

also really sorry if the formatting is off or this is a duplicate, when i tried submitting at first something weird happened and to my knowledge it never submitted..

Message 1 of 4 (884 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims teleport up/down stairs and all actions queued are canceled

Hero

@413jmee 

I had this happening but the patch before the last kit did fix it for me.  So it could be a couple of things.  

First thing I will suggest is to repair the game.  If there was some sort of hiccup during your download, it could have corrupted and/or not installed correctly.

Before restarting the game after you repair, delete your localthumbcache file too.  I also suggest you start a new vanilla game with no mods to see if the problem is still there.  If it has gone away, then go ahead and switch to your main save and see if it has cleared up there too.

If the problem has gone away in a vanilla game but still shows up in your main save with mods, it is probably a mod interfering.  Lots of mods got broken by the patch and a lot of them still need to be updated.  So check on all of them at whatever site you got them from and if you've got one or more that have not been cleared as ok for the patch or been updated, remove those and see what happens.  Then for those that you can't find an answer on if they are good with the patch or not, start putting them back in a few at the time until the problem shows up again.  Then get rid of the one that is causing the problem.  Just keep doing that until you've tested all you mods.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (848 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@413jmee 

I had this happening but the patch before the last kit did fix it for me.  So it could be a couple of things.  

First thing I will suggest is to repair the game.  If there was some sort of hiccup during your download, it could have corrupted and/or not installed correctly.

Before restarting the game after you repair, delete your localthumbcache file too.  I also suggest you start a new vanilla game with no mods to see if the problem is still there.  If it has gone away, then go ahead and switch to your main save and see if it has cleared up there too.

If the problem has gone away in a vanilla game but still shows up in your main save with mods, it is probably a mod interfering.  Lots of mods got broken by the patch and a lot of them still need to be updated.  So check on all of them at whatever site you got them from and if you've got one or more that have not been cleared as ok for the patch or been updated, remove those and see what happens.  Then for those that you can't find an answer on if they are good with the patch or not, start putting them back in a few at the time until the problem shows up again.  Then get rid of the one that is causing the problem.  Just keep doing that until you've tested all you mods.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4 (849 Views)

Hero
@413jmee Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

i think it's been fixed, i haven't played much since posting this but in the time i have played i haven't seen it happen again, so thank you @CGrant56 for the reply, it seems what you suggested may have done the trick!

edit: still happening.

Message 4 of 4 (756 Views)