Re: sims standing around and not responding to commands

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims standing around and not responding to commands

★★ Novice

I have been creating my own save file with all new builds on every lot. I use mods and cc and have every EP, all game packs except ROM, and about half of the stuff packs. The save I have been trying to play with is the save I've been working on with all new builds and families. We got EL a few days ago and I was careful to empty my mods folder before the update and I did not to play until all my mods were updated (or I removed the ones that had not been updated until they were). I have a test save I use to test new mods and make sure everything is okay. When I play that save everything works perfectly fine. When I play my reno save I get lagging and non responsive sims. I tried deleting about 50% of the lots in the save thinking that maybe I was overworking the system because all of my lots are filled with clutter. My sims respond to one command and then stand around as time ticks by. It's not so much lagging as they just stop responding. The only difference between my test save and the reno save is the amount of things in the world. With all mods installed the test world works perfectly. I'm not sure how to fix this and I'm really starting to get frustrated as I have a great game play idea but i haven't been able to play in days. I've also reset origin and tried adjusting the graphics display on my laptop. I'm at a loss and I'm in desperate need of help.

Message 1 of 3 (3,458 Views)

★ Guide

Don't know if your lagging is the same way as mine,i call it game having brain freeze, i don't use mods, but i create new hoods when i buy new packs, i had 7 hoods,but only 5 i play now,cause for some reason 2 of them lagged, and they were new hoods only created 1 family to play, hood save 006 file loading lots took awhile when i clicked other households the circle to load the images spun and spun never loading, i quit game load my main hood since day 1 of release, it has 200 sims played, a super long list of townies from every pack, every lot has buildings on them all resident houses filled, when i move cursor over houses image loads quick, viewing townie list it loads quick.

i quit game went back to other hood, slow loading,quit game created new hood 007,it worked fine, got uni, created uni hood save 008,slow again, tested all hoods back to back, 006 save still slow, went to uni hood,slow, created new uni again 009 save, it worked. i deleted 006 & 008 save files, all my other hoods have 100s of sims played they work fine.

So after my long speech, maybe u have to create another hood and it might work properly

As far as the sim not responding, i;ve been playing sims4 the 1st day it came out, i noticed sims got slower and slower responding as they created more sublte motions or reactions(however they call it) for your sim, like boredom,smelling air, reacting to heated room, like today i yelled at my sims "what are you staring at the ceiling for"

But this june patch, it did make a big difference in my game for response time, it took 30 sim seconds for my sim with the apple icon waiting in the query before it finally dropped down, then he eat the apple, just a little ago i was playing my sim in college, she got out of 1st class,2nd class was starting in 5 seconds 1 building over it took her 40 seconds for her to take out the bike and ride to next building making it register she late, she didnt look around, her icon was happy, yet her stiffness had slumped shouldered like bored, but she didn't sigh or move,and its happening to many of my sims,that never happened to me before the june patch. 

Message 2 of 3 (3,431 Views)

@spunkytorpedo537  To be thorough, pelase clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, you can experiment by saving the lots you've built and placing them in a new save.  If the lots with their many objects are the problem, you'll notice lag in the new save too.  If something about the save itself is the issue, the new save will be fine.  In that case, maybe it would be better to scrap the old save and continue in the new one.

You can also save any sims you've made to the library and place them in the new save.  They'll lose any relationships they had with their neighbors, but their skills should be intact.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (3,414 Views)