Re: sims resetting

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

sims resetting

★★ Novice

Hi!

I am slowly going crazy over my sims. They keep glitching or resetting. I tried the resetsim cheat but that only made it worse. It started out slowly but as my family grew it happened more and more frequently. I have four sims in my family now and they reset like this several times a day, sometimes missing work and school as a result.

If anyone knows what to do, please help, this is driving me insane.

/Susanne

Message 1 of 10 (592 Views)

@elPucko  It sounds like your sims or their save might be corrupted to some extent, and the question is whether it's possible to repair the damage.  Please let me know what packs you have installed, what world(s) you're playing in, and which mods, if any, you use.

The resetsim cheat doesn't really do much, so it's no surprise that it hasn't helped in your case.  The cheat simply clears sims' action queues, resets their needs, and transports them back inside their home.  It doesn't fix any underlying issues unless those issues have to do with being stuck somewhere.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (581 Views)

★★ Novice

When you say it might not be repareable does that mean I have to start over or do I have to reinstall the game?

Packs I have are Ambitions, Supernatural and Master Suite Stuff.

I have some mods, poses for the poseplayer, and I removed them and tried the game without them. That didn't work.

Thank you for trying to help me!

Message 3 of 10 (564 Views)

@elPucko  You wouldn't need to reinstall unless you messed with the game's program files at some point; mods don't change those, only saves and possibly the user folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  So at most, you'd need to start with a clean user folder, but you're not anywhere near that yet.

There are two reasons I asked about mods.  One is that an outdated or corrupt mod could cause this type of problem, and the other is that some mods can fix many, but not all, underlying issues that cause these symptoms.  So please let me know whether you have any other mods aside from poses, or if you'd be willing to add some.

Please also let me know if you use MoveObjects On to move your sims.  Doing so can and will cause problems regardless of the poses you use.  The advice when posing your sims for screenshots or whatever purpose is to quit without saving afterwards.  Once the damage has been done though, more intrusive interventions are required.

Message 4 of 10 (551 Views)

★★ Novice

I see. All this seems a bit too complicated for me 😅 So, I've decided to get myself an external cd-rom (or whatever it's called, english isn't my first language) and play the games from the discs like I used to. I never had a problem with that, but do you think this will happen even if I play from the discs? It started, along with a whole heap of other problems, when I started to play via Origin 😑

Message 5 of 10 (538 Views)

@elPucko  I don't think Origin has anything to do with this, and uninstalling the Origin version and installing from disc is also a bit complicated.  Could you please just provide some information?  I can't really help you if I don't know the cause of this issue, and this issue can have several causes.

This is what I'd like to know:

What mods do you use, by name?

What world(s) are you playing in?

Do you use the MoveObjects On cheat to move your sims, and if so, do you save your progress afterwards?

Message 6 of 10 (532 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm currently playing in Sunset Valley, and the mods I'm using are NoBuildSparkles.package, nointro.package and NRaas_Decensor.package.

I also use the poseplayer and two sets of poses called UponHisThronePosebyNyx.package and UponHerThronePosebyNyx.package.

However it seems the cause might be that I'm playing online. I played offline all day and it worked just fine.

Message 7 of 10 (515 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry forgot 😅 I haven't used the poses at all yet so no I haven't used the moveobjects cheat to move my sims.

Message 8 of 10 (512 Views)

[ Edited ]

@elPucko  Those mods are fine and shouldn't cause any problems.  It's odd that playing offline would help with your sims resetting: being offline helps with system performance issues, not in-game glitchiness.  Still, you could try playing while Origin is in offline mode but your computer still has an internet connection.  Origin itself sometimes takes excess resources for what are still unknown reasons.

If you get more resets, you could try adding NRaas MasterController and running a town reset.  (Click on City Hall and select NRaas > MasterController > Town Options > Reset Everything.)  That fixes a lot of issues related to stuck or glitched sims, both your own and others in town.

Message 9 of 10 (511 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I'll keep playing offline. To be honest I prefer that 😅

But I'll keep that mod in mind if the problems come back.

Thank you very much for your time!

Message 10 of 10 (505 Views)