Re: sims not recognizing new hard drive won't run

by Tawnykittin1313

Original Post

sims not recognizing new hard drive won't run

★★★ Novice

i run a  amd a9-9410 radonr5, 5 

64bit operating sys, *64-based processor   

I had a new hard drive installed last week and have not been able to load my sims 4 since then. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times in the last 4 days. changed 64-bit to 32 to play legacy and it didn't work.  after reading everything and running diagnostics my system meets minimum requirements for running full game, not legacy. Can't open game at all just keeps going back to origin page please help. I have been on all forums and chatted with online customer help.live chat and they couldn't help I am frustrated and pissed off. I have spent so much money on this game.

Message 1 of 12 (640 Views)

@Tawnykittin1313  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section.

Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know what drives Origin and Sims 4 are installed on, and where Documents is located.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 12 (610 Views)

★★★ Novice

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe"

I hope this is what you need to be able to help me. 

Message 3 of 12 (568 Views)

@Tawnykittin1313  You're right, you don't need the Legacy Edition, and there's no reason to try to run it.  Please also undo any compatibility mode you've applied to either version though—that's also not necessary, and it complicates troubleshooting.

The first thing to do is move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  If the game launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Let me know whether this works.

The next thing to try is disabling your antivirus/firewall, at least long enough to test.  If that doesn't help, sign into Origin, put it in offline mode, and then disconnect your computer from the internet altogether: disable wifi or pull the ethernet cable.  Then launch the game and test.

If that doesn't help either, clear Origin's cache and uninstall it "the hard way," then reinstall.  There are a couple of Origin errors in your dxdiag.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

When you've reinstalled Origin, repair Sims 4: right-click on its icon in your Origin library and select Repair.  Then move the new Sims 4 folder in Documents\EA to your desktop, if you ever got a new folder, and test again.

Message 4 of 12 (553 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Ok I'm at the last option and in [process of reinstalling Origin. Will keep you updated thank you so much.
Message 5 of 12 (523 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@Tawnykittin1313 It's making me redownload sims 4
Message 6 of 12 (518 Views)

@Tawnykittin1313  That is unusual, and not supposed to happen when you uninstall Origin, but it suggests that there was an issue with the original install that couldn't be fixed by a repair.  Let me know how it goes.

Message 7 of 12 (477 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your help. I still have had no success I am still trying. With no luck, I am ready to find someone to remote access my computer just so I can get my Sims 4 screen time

Message 8 of 12 (446 Views)

@Tawnykittin1313  What happened when you tried to download Sims 4 this recent time?  How far along did the process get?  Did you see any error messages?

Message 9 of 12 (432 Views)

★★★ Novice

the same thing just opened the origin page

Message 10 of 12 (402 Views)