Re: sims missing from cas sim bin

by Ocktopie

Original Post

sims missing from cas sim bin

★★★ Novice

I recently started playing the Sims 3 again. But since then most of my saved sims are gone from the bin in cas. None of the missing ones are custom content I downloaded, they were all created by me. They are still in my 'savedsims' folder  but I don't know how to get them back into the game.

I should probably mention that the game asked me to 'shut off' some of my expansion packs when I first started playing again, which I did. After some time, however, I reactivated them. I'm not sure when the problem startred but it continues regardless of whether or not I use any ep's. They are not greyed out like saved games when I'm not using one of the eps they were created with they are just completely gone from the bin.

Message 1 of 3 (1,004 Views)

@Ocktopie  See if they load into CAS in a clean game folder.  Pull your existing Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then open the launcher to spawn a new folder.  You can just copy the entire SavedSims folder into the new game folder; then start a new save and load CAS to test.  If the sims show up, there was probably something corrupt in the old game folder.  Just move the rest of your content to the new folder, and you'll be fine.  Here's a list of everything you might want to keep:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

If the sims don't show up in the new game folder, trash it and try again in another new folder, except this time, split the files in half and test  one half at a time.  Any batch that contains sims that don't show in CAS needs to be split and tested until you've confirmed which sims aren't working.  It's a more common issue with custom content and mods, but it's at least theoretically possible that having a corrupt .sim file could prevent the game from loading some good files, hence the need to test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (986 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks! I'm gonna try that!

Message 3 of 3 (980 Views)