sims game lags after every update/patch

by whydoihavetotho1

Original Post

sims game lags after every update/patch

★ Novice

so, this is an issue that i've been dealing with for a while now. every time my game updates or gets patched, my games lag pretty badly for a while. after a few days (if played each day), the game just randomly stops lagging and goes back to normal. this has been happening for a few months now, and every patch, small or large, does this.

- i have disabled mods and tested the game and it still lags. it's not any mod doing this. that and i always update my mods immedietly after a patch and MCC isn't giving me any errors when mods are enabled.

- i also tried putting my game to the lowest graphical setting. normally it's on high, and i turned it to low to test it out. still laggy. 

- for some reason, it lags even more when an event is happening. not sure if that's signicficant.

- my laptop does get hot when i play, but it's the same temp as when it plays as normal, so i'm not sure that would be of any significance. 

any help would be appreciated. this is very annoying, especially since Sims updates a lot.

below are my PC's specs

kiuytjyhtgdf.png

Message 1 of 4 (1,114 Views)

Re: sims game lags after every update/patch

Hero (Retired)
@whydoihavetotho1

You probably never "cleaned" the game folder and never replaced old files with new ones. For now, delete localthumbcache.package file and all folders with the word "cache" in the name. The game will recreate them but without saved errors.
Next, fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
If the problem persists, you need to do a factory reset of the whole game folder.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199
If the problem doesn't disappear, only then you will be 100% sure that to find the reason for this, you need to check your computer.
However, when a computer has a problem it has it constantly. Rather, it does not recover suddenly after a week.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 4 (1,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

thank you! i will do this as soon as i can. i did not know you had to do this, but it does make sense!

Message 3 of 4 (1,071 Views)

★ Novice

ok, so update on this. i did what the above suggested, though they didn't work. i figured out that it was my PC. my disk drive was spiking to 50%-100% at random when playing the game,making it lag. i honestly have no idea what could have helped, so i'll mention a few things i did before the problem was fixed.

- i ticked laptop mode on in the game options

- i changed mypower settings from performence to ballenced

- i went into advanced power settings and, under hard disk, changed turn hard disk off after from 10 minutes to never on both plugged in and on battery

- updated my pc to the latest vertion of windows

- updated my graphics card

after doing all of this, my disk stopped spiking and the game works normally. not sure which one fixed it, but if you're having the same issue, i'djust go down the line until something works. 

Message 4 of 4 (1,040 Views)