Re: sims cats & dogs glitch

by sararies1972

Original Post

★ Apprentice
Ok I'm sorry for what I said & thank you for your help, I'll see what I can do, I'll see if I can put all graphic settings within the game as low, most of them are low I think except 1 which is on medium, I think it's the 3D that's on medium, is there any other settings within the game settings that's recommend?
Message 11 of 16 (488 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I am sorry if someone told you that this was a powerful Computer. However the reality is that it is pretty weak.
The Processor is an old Pentium at 1.60Ghz where The Sims 4 requires 1.8Ghz. You only have the builtin Intel Graphics with 114MB dedicated memory where 128MB is required.
The Driver is old because the computer has been on a shelf for quite some time before you bought it. The Drivers are from Marts 31 2016.
You can adopt Cats & Dogs through the phone. To adopt strays first talk with them and give them treats. When you have built up some friendship with them you will get the option to adopt. Notice that not all Pets you meet are strays. Under their names it will say "Stray".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 12 of 16 (487 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You are welcome. Just wish it could be better news.

Make sure the game is set to run in laptop mode in Game options.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 16 (482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

your not the only one whos going through this I bought the game and like you I click add dog (even when I go to create a sim with a dog already in my household) the game freezes I would also like an answer

Message 14 of 16 (427 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 15 of 16 (421 Views)

★ Apprentice
Glad I'm not the only one, I was told to only use small cats & dogs, not large dogs as it's when I have a large dog that it glitches, I only use small dogs now
Message 16 of 16 (410 Views)