Re: sims cats & dogs glitch

by sararies1972

Original Post

sims cats & dogs glitch

★ Apprentice

i recently installed the sims 4 cats & dogs pack, whenever I go onto CAS & click the plus sign that's beside my sims icon pics & select dog, the whole game freezes & a message comes up on my windows screen saying "Application has been blocked from graphics hardware, Application TS4_x64.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" why has this happened? has anyone else reported the sims cats & dogs game to do this? how do I allow my windows 10 to accept graphics hardware? PLEASE CAN YOU HELP!!! ASAP or else I can't have a dog in any of my sims houses, it's ok with the cats, but not the dogs, is there a glitch within the sims game that needs fixing? or is it just my pc?

Message 1 of 16 (971 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sararies1972

Cats&Dogs have higher system requirements than the base game.

Please post a DxDiag and I'll check yours:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 16 (964 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm gonna have to do this DxDiag tomorrow now as I have no time today, I never knew the sims cats & dogs has a higher graphics than the rest if the sims add on games, it would explain the glitches it performs, I'll get back to you tomorrow with the DxDiag, I hope I can do it ok
Message 3 of 16 (943 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sararies1972

Totally fine! Standard smile
Yeah the requirements for graphics are the same, higher for ram though. On the other hand, it has been possible to run The Sims 4 on lower graphics than the requirements, but now with Sims C&D that's hard :/

Message 4 of 16 (934 Views)

★ Apprentice
Before I send you the DxDiag, what exactly are you looking for when I do send it? Nothing personal I hope!? This is a new PC, I got it last year so why wouldn't it be compatible with the sims cats & dogs? Also I do have the other 3 expansion packs as well as a few stuff packs
Message 5 of 16 (874 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sararies1972

No, I'm looking for things like system specs, driver update dates, etc. The most personal thing I can see if things like, what you named your computer, and which program files are causing problems, like if a program has been crashing. If sims crashed there is an error in there that says "APPCRASH blabla ts4.exe", you can read it yourself before if you want to, or send it as a PM if you are unsure.

Well, when you got it does not really matter, what matters is what you got, and how you've treated it Standard smile

Cats&Dogs use more memory and stuff than the other expansions, might be the fur, unsure.

Message 6 of 16 (868 Views)

★ Apprentice

here is the DxDiag saved file I sent you, I hope my sims cats & dogs can be fixed as I love playing the sims, I don't really understand what all the info gathered in the DxDiag means, so please explain to me what may be wrong as this is a new PC that was brought last year

Message 7 of 16 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Your PC may not be that old. Unfortunately it was never meant for gaming.

The Processor is too weak and so is the builtin graphics.

Also the Graphics driver is very old. It may help to get the latest driver from the manufacturer but that is not very likely.

If you contact EA support you may be able to get a refund on Cats & Dogs.

Or you can choose not to create Dogs. You will be able to adopt them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 16 (821 Views)

★ Apprentice
How can you say my PC wasn't meant for gaming? We brought this PC just so I can play the sims on there! As I use to play it on my laptop which was windows vista, but it was out of date & old, you say the processor & graphics are too weak on my PC!? This is a powerful computer, meant to be the best, also how can the graphics driver be old when it's a new PC that was brought last year in 2017?, that's rubbish...but as you say, maybe I can adopt the animals on the street, but if I did, I wouldn't be able to go on CAS cos it'll glitch, I have been able to do other things like go to the new brindleton bay & talk to the cats, I saw a dog walking along too, although when I did click adopt on a cat it wouldn't let me
Message 9 of 16 (789 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sararies1972

Please be nice, we're just other simmers trying to help you Standard smile
What @jpkarlsen said is not rubbish, your computer is not meant for gaming. Maybe that war your reason to buy it, but it was not the PC developers' intent. It's a computer that works great for home use like internet, watching moving, creating documents etc, not for playing.

This is your computer right?

In the info sheet about the computer HP are saying this:

Whether your family is looking to surf, stream or tackle that next big assignment, this budget friendly All-in-One has been redesigned to give everyone what they need. A brand new look and reliable, trusted performance make this the perfect living room go-to

And by assignment I'm pretty sure they mean work and school stuff, not gaming.

Also this document is from April 2016, probably when the computer was released. Your graphic drivers are from Mars 2016, so I guess from when they made the installations of the PC. It does not matter when you buy it, they don't open up computers and update drivers in the stores Standard smile

Your computer is not meant to be the best, I'm sorry, your computer is meant to be flexible and small. It does not even meet the requirements of the base game, so whoever told you to buy that one to play the game did not really help you Frown

Try updating the driver, putting the game to lowest settings and laptop mode (yes your computer counts as a laptop, it has the same specs as one), and try enabling/disabling vsync. Might work, you never know Standard smile

You can go in to cas and change your sims as long as you don't klick on the dog. For some people small dogs work, you could also try that.

Good luck!

Message 10 of 16 (782 Views)