Re: sims 4

by EA_Barry

Original Post

sims 4

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration, Get to Work, and City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? idk
What happens when the bug occurs? The game is not using my gpu at all and I've tried just about everything i can find that people say have fixed this issue. I have a 1070 and an i5 4600k with 18gb of ram. My gpu runs other games just fine but for some reason sims 4 just won't use it properly idk. What do you expect to see? my fps to best a constant 60
What do you expect to see? my gpu to actually get used like every other game can do
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration, Get to Work, and City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? idk
What happens when the bug occurs? The game is not using my gpu at all and I've tried just about everything i can find that people say have fixed this issue. I have a 1070 and an i5 4600k with 18gb of ram. My gpu runs other games just fine but for some reason sims 4 just won't use it properly idk.
What do you expect to see? my fps to best a constant 60
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 20 (775 Views)

Hero
@SplashSpIash Moving this to tech

Do you have another card that the game is using or why do you think it's not using that card ? Cause of the low FPS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (745 Views)

Community Manager

@SplashSpIash 

Please try the steps I have posted on this previously, they should help ensure your GPU is used when playing:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-1050-ti-help/m-p/7185788#M128100

Let us know if that is not the case, thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 20 (736 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've used open hard monitor to see if my gpu is being used and it stays at like 2 percent

Message 4 of 20 (708 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've already tried that and many other peoples solutions but none have worked. i feel like i tried everything i can find

Message 5 of 20 (707 Views)

Hero
@SplashSpIash There's a file called config.log in your doc folder. What does that say which card is used ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (691 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict What exactly am i looking for?

=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1b81, Board: 37011458, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvldumdx.dll, Version: 26.21.14.3136, GUID: D7B71E3E-58C1-11CF-A87B-0F171BC2D735
Driver version: 3136
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 8088MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
Opt. features: +sab +a8l8 +rgba16f +r32f +bc4 +bc5 -rawz +intz
Message 7 of 20 (678 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SplashSpIash wrote:

=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]

This part.

This means the game is using your card just fine.

If you have lag issues, it has another reason.

Could you describe the exact symptoms you're seeing other then GPU usage ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (667 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Low fps and i also just got a white screen bug but i fixed that atleast.
The max is 19
Average 14
Low 1

All this but the game never crashes.
Message 9 of 20 (658 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I think the white screen bug was me trying to fix the fps issue
Message 10 of 20 (657 Views)