sims 4

by CivilizedHitman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4

★ Novice

I Changed the installation location to my D drive and was able to install the Sims 4 base game, however, the other expansion packs and items packs did not download automatically like when i installed it in the C drive. Even when i manually select to download the individual expansions, there was no response in the origin download manager. Is there a way to solve this issue ? Or a way to install the other expansion in my D drive ? 

Message 1 of 5 (282 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@CivilizedHitman

They should download automatically, I have my games on D with not problem :O

Clear Origin's cache.
Make sure to white-list Origin in your security programs, then run Origin as administrator.

If it still does not work, do this: In the Client, go to Origin > Application Settings > Diagnostics, and enable Safe Mode Downloading. Does that make any difference?

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (327 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@CivilizedHitman

They should download automatically, I have my games on D with not problem :O

Clear Origin's cache.
Make sure to white-list Origin in your security programs, then run Origin as administrator.

If it still does not work, do this: In the Client, go to Origin > Application Settings > Diagnostics, and enable Safe Mode Downloading. Does that make any difference?

Message 2 of 5 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@CMeki
Will reinstalling automatically clear Origin's cache ? I believe origin is white listed in my com as it's able to run ?

Message 3 of 5 (269 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CivilizedHitman

No, not if you don't reinstall using "the hard way", and then you still more or less clear the cache manually, so you would know Standard smile

Might be, but it can stop other things, like mess up the internet connection, it does not always have to do with the app launching.

Message 4 of 5 (259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do yours work

Message 5 of 5 (225 Views)