sims 4 working fine then suddenly needing Sims 4 Legacy after Origin Update?

by KingPluto97

Original Post

sims 4 working fine then suddenly needing Sims 4 Legacy after Origin Update?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have had an ongoing issue that all seems to be connected to the new Origin or Sims 4 update. On the thirteenth of March, I had been playing Sims 4 with all my mods and CC perfectly fine, and the next day Origin wouldn't play the Sims 4. I tried all the troubleshooting I was recommended by support, including clearing Origin's cache and opening Sims 4 as an admin. 

Origin would show the Sims 4 as being played even though Origin wouldn't open it. This happened for almost three days, and in the end, I managed to get the Sims 4 demo to play with Origin.

Somehow when I exited out of that and clicked Sims 4 it allowed me to play Sims 4 but all my updated mods were disabled. 

The next time I tried to play Sims 4 I was prompted to download the Sims 4 Legacy edition. The strange thing is, sometimes Sims 4 will open and play fine one day, without mods because they are automatically disabled. Sometimes it will show them in the mods and script mods pop-up though?

Now, I find this strange, because I run Windows 10, and Legacy is supposed to be for older systems.  I also don't know what to do because now I have my Mods in the Sims 4 folder which used to work fine, but now occasionally opens without any mods at all, even though they are there, and a mods folder in Sims 4 Legacy edition with only Legacy compatible mods.

Sometimes, when I am running Sims 4 Legacy the Mods don't show even though in that Mod folder they are compatible? This is a very confusing issue that started with one I have seen other people have but is different for my game with Origin. I have no ideas why this has happened.

Message 1 of 7 (390 Views)

Re: sims 4 working fine then suddenly needing Sims 4 Legacy after Origin Update?

Champion (Retired)

@KingPluto97 

First to clear up your misconception that Legacy is only for older systems. Legacy is for all systems running 32 bit OS or computers too  weak to run the full version.
Your issue is likely this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (365 Views)

Re: sims 4 working fine then suddenly needing Sims 4 Legacy after Origin Update?

★ Apprentice

That's the strangest thing because Origin and the Sims 4 is allowed by Windows firewall I think? it was one of the things I checked.

Message 3 of 7 (343 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@KingPluto97 

That doesn't mean that you have set exceptions in Anti-virus protection.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 7 (341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Windows Defender doesn't have Ransom files because I don't have One Drive selected.

All the various versions of Sims 4 64, 32 bit, Legacy and the Sims 4 Demo is allowed in Windows Firewall as an exception.

Legacy will only work with the Mods for Legacy that are no older than 2020 and specifically for Legacy, even though I have Mods for Sims 4 in the Mods folder that used to work before I had to install Legacy.

Message 5 of 7 (338 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@KingPluto97 

If you have no 3rd party antivirus here is how to disable Controlled folder access in Windows 10. https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/how_to_enable_or_disable_windows_defender_exploit_guard_cont...

Message 6 of 7 (300 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's not enabled at all, so it's already disabled.

Message 7 of 7 (288 Views)