Re: sims 4 wont save and shut down

by Ravensonng

Original Post

sims 4 wont save and shut down

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is really sad i know a new expansion is coming out soon an I WAS excited for it but now Im having way too many issue with the games i already have. yesterday my game kept crashing when i would try to place a restaurant in newcrest i was back and forth with tech support telling me my pc doesnt meet requirements when it actually does ive been playing these games when they first came out forever and (new pc) and they told me a website can you run it and i used it and even that website said my pc met requirements so finally i just saved sims 4 file as back up an a new file showed but NOW my game wont shutdown or save when you click exit then save and exit its still up PLEASE HELP!!! im not spending any more money on these games (not buying city life) until they fix these issues!!! ps i dont use mods so thats not the problem

PSS I DO NOT USE MODS SO THAT ISNT  THE PROBLEM IM HAVING

Message 1 of 14 (1,388 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,360 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I dont use mods never have never will honestly dont even know how to use mods i just stick to what the game gives me so im still stuck with no solutiion

Message 3 of 14 (1,357 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (1,349 Views)

★★★★ Novice

thanks but i did that already that solved the crashing problem but created the not closing problem i wrote that in my statement above 

Message 5 of 14 (1,342 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

I'd like to know what you're playing on.

I assume you also already tried to repair the game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,339 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes that was the very first step i took before going for technical support and spending hours back and forth with them they first told me it was my system which its not because ive been playing sims 4 since 2014 and the packs i have since they came out  there is a website called can you run it and i used it an it gave me green check marks for all the games i have and the game i want (sims 4 city life) they requested the dxdiag as well then they turned around an said others have been having this issue as well but when i looked their issues were in 2014 when the game first came out but i did the back up folder etc just to see if it would help an it stopped crashing but wouldnt close down my system is 64-bit
i attached the dxdiag 

Message 7 of 14 (1,336 Views)

Hero

Could you check on your task manager if it's actually the 64 bit version that runs

Your processor is a bit borderline but should be ok.

Your drivers are dated though. Did you check if there's newer ones ?

Just to be sure, can you save now ? Is it just the shutting down that doesn't work ? Do you save and shut down in one step or save first and then shut down without saving ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (1,329 Views)

★★★ Novice

I patched yesterday and started having problems right after.  My gallery friends section was not showing all my follows and followers but i could create a sim.  Today I wanted to play my game and wanted to place a house from the neighborhood screen.  It went through all the house building animations but no house.  Ok so I exited the game without saving and restarted it. When I got to the menu screen I tried to get into the game options screens to disable the mods I use. the menu froze.  I could click the game options button but nothing would happen. I closed the menu and tried to get into my game, nothing buttons click but nothing happened.  All buttons acted this way so I went to exit the game. Nothing happened.  I had to close the game through my windows task manager.  Then I came here and found this post.  I think it has to do with the last patch.  My game was working perfectly before the patch.  Please tell me what I need to do to get the game working again.  Will I have to delete it and reinstall?  Is there a fix in the works?  I'm in the dark here

Message 9 of 14 (1,317 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EXACTLY ME TOO!!! its definitely the patch thats when my issue started happening you go thru build screen and then no house shows then you do it again an the game crashes and says problem with the game but does not say what the problem is i changed the sims folder to back up and started sims again an it crated a new sims folder which caused the new issues but it got rid of the building problem and i dont use mods 

Message 10 of 14 (1,306 Views)