Re: sims 4 wont open

by Sweetdarkness05

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 wont open

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So hours ago sims 4 updated. When I went to go play, it opened then it made a weird sound and then closed. I went to go open the game again and it wont open and Origin won't open as well. I do have mods but they was working fine before the update. I removed the mods folder and tried to open it without mods and it wont open, I tried to repair and it still wont open and I even restarted my laptop with no luck. I don't know what to do ;-;

Message 1 of 11 (1,129 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i dont think that is needed. After doing stuff the sims 4 is able to open without the mods but when i put them back in it doesnt work. ;-; So i gotta find what mods is conflicting 

Update: I figured out what mods is conflicting and its the career mods i had. removed them now game works

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (1,017 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
me too, it will launch but then it will automatically close after showing title of the game idk what to do either. tried switching mods folder, restarting comuter, etc.. but that didnt fix the problem so maybe someone else has figured it out
Message 2 of 11 (1,107 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@cloudhand13

The weird sound is a concern. You should have a professional look at your PC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 11 (1,093 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Sweetdarkness05

Please remove all Mods and CC and delete localthumbcache.package. See if it then works.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 11 (1,092 Views)

★★ Novice

my laptop is fine. its the sims 4 making the sound then glitching then closing after

Message 5 of 11 (1,070 Views)

★★ Novice
thank you, that fixed it
Message 6 of 11 (1,053 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@cloudhand13

please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 7 of 11 (1,043 Views)

★★ Novice

Post it here?

Message 8 of 11 (1,019 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yes.

Message 9 of 11 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i dont think that is needed. After doing stuff the sims 4 is able to open without the mods but when i put them back in it doesnt work. ;-; So i gotta find what mods is conflicting 

Update: I figured out what mods is conflicting and its the career mods i had. removed them now game works

Message 10 of 11 (1,018 Views)