Re: sims 4 wont open and origin wont let me repair the game

by fishinb00ts

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 wont open and origin wont let me repair the game

★★ Novice

Hello, im having issues with the game again. i click on the sims 4 app on my PC, it loads for a second and then wont open. i go to origin to repair the sims 4 and when i click the setting icon most of the stuff are unavailable: i cant repair, play, update game, see game properties, uninstall, locate game. i reinstalled origin and sims 4 the second time already but i still got nothing. at this point im very tired and angry, can someone help me with this? Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (4,508 Views)

Accepted Solution

@fishinb00ts  So you're sure that Sims 4 isn't running, or even pretending to run (in the Task Manager), when you look in Origin and can't repair?  Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, restart again, check the TM for Sims 4, entries, and see whether you can play, or at least repair.

If you can't, please create a new admin user account on your computer and try to launch the game from there.  The account has to be admin, and it should only have letters and numbers in its name, no special characters, accents, etc.  You won't have access to your saves or other saved content—that can be fixed later—but it would be helpful to know whether this works.

If you can't play or repair in a new user account, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (4,384 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@fishinb00ts  Please clear Origin's cache, which removes files not covered by the normal uninstall process.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Restart your computer, and don't try to open Sims 4.  Instead, open Origin alone, then your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Once that's done, right-click and select Update, even if you've updated recently; if you're up to date, Origin will tell you.

If you still can't repair, open the Task Manager and make sure that there are no instances of Sims 4 running.  If you find one, click on it and End Task.  If that's not the issue, please take a screenshot of the options you see when you right-click on the Sims 4 icon in your Origin library.

Message 2 of 8 (4,470 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello @puzzlezaddict , none of the things you advised worked, i added a screenshot. hope this will give you more insight. i honestly have no idea whats wrong with my game Frown 

Message 3 of 8 (4,429 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict here is another screenshot

Message 4 of 8 (4,428 Views)

@fishinb00ts  So you're sure that Sims 4 isn't running, or even pretending to run (in the Task Manager), when you look in Origin and can't repair?  Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, restart again, check the TM for Sims 4, entries, and see whether you can play, or at least repair.

If you can't, please create a new admin user account on your computer and try to launch the game from there.  The account has to be admin, and it should only have letters and numbers in its name, no special characters, accents, etc.  You won't have access to your saves or other saved content—that can be fixed later—but it would be helpful to know whether this works.

If you can't play or repair in a new user account, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 5 of 8 (4,385 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict i did the first one and it worked!! Thank you so much!!

Message 6 of 8 (4,348 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having issues with my game and Origin won't let me repair it. I moved my file but I don't understand the instructions after that.

Message 7 of 8 (3,668 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has gotten a bit older now, so it's been locked to prevent any necro-posting.

If you're still needing help with this topic, please create a new thread so we can look into that with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 8 (3,604 Views)