Re: sims 4 wont launch after update?

by shreeree08

Original Post

sims 4 wont launch after update?

★ Apprentice

hi guys,

Having major issues since the new update for sims 4, I have a 64bit but I was still made to download the legacy edition and now the game wont launch at all and I receive this error code

TS4-X64.exe-Application error"

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000007b) " 

I have set my origin to the correct settings,reinstalled origin,updated everything and I can not figure out how to fix this so I am hoping someone can help me!!!

I do not work for EA.
Message 1 of 26 (1,753 Views)

Hero

Hi @shreeree08 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (1,726 Views)

★ Expert

So, you were forced to download the legacy edition- even though you own the 64bit? Why is EA/Maxis doing this to people? Forcing customers to use more space on their comps, and creating even more issues because of that... Good for people to know, though, not to log in to Origin, or Sims4, lest they have more (unwanted) issues. Such a shame that every single update breaks games, and requests for fixes go largely ignored. 

Message 3 of 26 (1,686 Views)

★ Apprentice

yes agree 100% Havent been able to fix it all! cant play the new expansion and when I spoke to someone they told me origin just needed a bug fix. 3 days later nothing.... so disheartening because I love the sims :\ hope I can play soon  

Message 4 of 26 (1,659 Views)

★ Apprentice

here you go I hope this helps!!

Message 5 of 26 (1,657 Views)

@shreeree08  There are a number of Windows errors in your dxdiag, some of which are likely harmless.  Still, a good place to start would be with a couple of commands to check Windows system files.  Here's how to run them:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Afterwards, open your Origin library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties, then Advanced Launch Options, and make sure the 64-bit version is listed.  If you don't see the setting, right-click on the Sims 4 icon and select Repair, then look again.

Please try to launch TS4 a couple of times.  If it still doesn't work, I'd like to see the recent Reliability Monitor entries for TS4 and Origin.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes into the box.  The Reliability Monitor will have a list of entries for each day.  For any from the last two days that mention either Sims 4 or Origin, click "View technical details," copy the information into a text document (Notepad works fine), and then attach the document to a post here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 26 (1,645 Views)

★ Apprentice

It did throw an error "error 87" where do I go from that point? thankyou for taking time to try and help!

Message 7 of 26 (1,641 Views)

@shreeree08  Can you please take a screenshot of the error, showing the command window in the background as well?  Hit Windows key-shift-S and drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture.  Then click the popup in the lower right corner of your screen to open the screenshot, save it as whatever you want, and upload it here.

Message 8 of 26 (1,637 Views)

★ Apprentice

this is after scanning the files the message I received tried sims And it didn't work checked the settings and it is correctly set.  very last part of the process Reliability Monitor entries for TS4 and Origin and there was nothing regarding sims 4 or origin?? 

copied and pasted below the message from scanning.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Message 9 of 26 (1,631 Views)

@shreeree08  Are you still getting error messages when you try to launch TS4?  If so, please take a screenshot and upload it here.

Try running Origin as an administrator, as in, right-click on the Origin icon and select Run as administrator.

And try disabling your antivirus/firewall software—temporarily, just long enough to test.

Message 10 of 26 (1,628 Views)