sims 4 won't update or repair

by bdregger

Original Post

sims 4 won't update or repair

★★ Novice

This hasn't happened to me before, and I've had lots of updates.  In Origin, after the latest update (today) my SIms 4 is constantly trying to repair itself.  It has repaired at least 4 times.  I've tried running as administrator and restarted Origin several times.  I've also tried running in restriced access mode too.  I don't have cache files, the cache folder in Sims 4 is empty.

I have all the expansions,etc. but Eco Lifestyle, Mochino, and Realm of Magic.

Thanks,

Britt

Message 1 of 3 (227 Views)

Re: sims 4 won't update or repair

@bdregger  Please clear Origin's cache files, which are not in the Sims 4 folder but are buried within Windows's ProgramData and elsewhere.  (If Origin has been opened on your computer, you definitely have them.)  Here's a guide:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Restart your computer and repair again, then see whether you need to rerun the update.  And running Origin as an admin is always a good idea when you're troubleshooting.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (220 Views)

Re: sims 4 won't update or repair

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Took me 4 tries to get the game update started after running the Origin update first.  I would click to update the game and it would immediately crash. Now it's been "preparing" the update for the last few minutes.  Running much slower than usual.

Message 3 of 3 (212 Views)