Re: sims 4 won't play even though it says i have it in my game library

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 won't play even though it says i have it in my game library

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Origin opens fine, but when I go into my game library and click "play" on the sims 4 the screen goes blank and the pops up again with the play screen. I don't know if it is the same with other games; I have none besides the sims 4 on Origin. i have tried rebooting the game, repairing the game multiple times, rebooting Origin, removing my cc, uninstalling other games from different platforms tha thought could be interfering with Origin, everything that i did the last time when this happened and it worked then. I have considered that my laptop might be to weak, but it is only about 5 mont iths old, and the only game I have now is the sims 4. 

Message 1 of 6 (335 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Icewing131  A component of your Intel graphics chip's support software is crashing over and over.  I don't know for sure whether this is related to Sims 4 not opening, but graphics software is essential to running any game, so it's a reasonable bet.  The way to address this is by installing a new driver, but I can't find that driver, or even tell you whether you have the newest one available (and would therefore need to do a clean uninstall first) without a bit more information.  Please go here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops

Enter your laptop's serial number, choose your operating system if necessary, and you'll land on the driver download page for your laptop.  Please link it here.  That page doesn't contain any information about your own laptop, just the overall model.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (239 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Icewing131 can you grab me a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (326 Views)

★ Novice

i can't seem to copy the Dxdiag document into the file 

Message 3 of 6 (285 Views)

@Icewing131  When the dxdiag is finished running, click the "Save all information" button and save the file to your desktop.  Then click Reply (not Quick Reply) to a post in this thread, click the Browse button (next to the paper clip icon) below where you'd type your reply, and select your dxdiag.  That will attach the entire file to a post.

Message 4 of 6 (271 Views)

★ Novice

ok here's the Dxdiag

Message 5 of 6 (244 Views)

@Icewing131  A component of your Intel graphics chip's support software is crashing over and over.  I don't know for sure whether this is related to Sims 4 not opening, but graphics software is essential to running any game, so it's a reasonable bet.  The way to address this is by installing a new driver, but I can't find that driver, or even tell you whether you have the newest one available (and would therefore need to do a clean uninstall first) without a bit more information.  Please go here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops

Enter your laptop's serial number, choose your operating system if necessary, and you'll land on the driver download page for your laptop.  Please link it here.  That page doesn't contain any information about your own laptop, just the overall model.

Message 6 of 6 (240 Views)