Re: sims 4 won't launch unless i take all custom content out.

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

sims 4 won't launch unless i take all custom content out.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've been having a problem with sims 4 launching with more than 100-200 custom content files(.package files). I have merged and deleted files and nothing has worked. My operating system is windows 10. I've been working at this for 3 days and it's super frustrating. please help me.

Message 1 of 5 (348 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, Mine won't launch too ughhhhh

Message 2 of 5 (327 Views)

Hero

Did you try just one custom content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

You can't just try one, it get boring, however CC being removed verifies a theory I have EA Sims 4 or you could get that program its called conflict detector for sims 4 I kind wish if programmer or some other IT people were check it see if they can help person who made it modify just tad, it makes duplicates or something because that what is going on in your file your Sims 4 is creating imaginary duplicates and it won't play and I going what this?

there multiple duplicates going on and I think because origin loading up and loading down and it might triggered multiple entities. Second you may need to either reinstall or repair install to help the issue resolve itself.

For that program "conflict detector" could IT people find if darn it that program has analyzing abilities somewhere?

Message 4 of 5 (276 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The conflict detector detect conflicts between mods not conflicts between mods/CC and the game itself.

It is up to you to find out which of your CCs or mods that conflict and needs updating.

You can use the 50/50 approach to this. Meaning remove 50% of your CC start the game and test. If that goes well put 50% of the remainder back and test again. If there is an error remove 50% and test. Continue until you have found all conflicting CC. Look for updates to the latter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 5 (266 Views)