Re: sims 4 won't go online

by mcrudd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 won't go online

★ Guide

Hi computer guru simmers,

Wonder if you can help me. I have played sims 4 since release on my laptop. Unfortuanatly my laptop is busy dieing a slow death of a display driver that has had to many years behind it. My laptop has been discontinued so can't get a new driver. Sooo I have my kids desktop I can use to play and that is what I am doing, but for some reason I can't go online to my gallery. I have tried just about everything but think I might have missed something as its just not working. This is what I have tried allready

Repaired the game
Clean installed the game
Checked my ingame settings and its for online.

I am running windows 10 which is a little daunting, since my laptop has 7 on it. So would appreciate any step by step advice, as if giving it to a four year old LOL

Here is my two error pics if it may help with my issue Wink

Just a ps. I am online, I actually go onto the internet while looking for advice, so there is deffinetly not a connection problem as it states in the last pic. So that is my whole problem, I sincerely hope someone can help me. I would like to thank you in advance for reading through my post Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (1,750 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Thanks for the advice. I managed to fix it by updating my kid's norton family protection from child and teen to teen and older. Oh my goodness, I completely forgot I put that on years ago LOL. Well in other news everything is nice and new and clean installed and the computer had a clean boot and all hahahahaha. So its all good :D 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (2,048 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Maybe its Sims 4 gallery playing silly beggers?  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Thumbs down

Today, the gallery has disconnected about 5 times and few times refused to auto connect.  I put it down to a feature of the sims 4 gallery ... and move onto another game that has no issues.

In the meantime, you could check that the following items are trusted thru anti virus/firewall.

OriginThinsetupinternal

The sims 4

activation UI

origin

originlegacyCLI

originwebhelperservice

originclientservice

In the first instance, you should, temp switch off the firewall and see it that solves.  Then you will know its the firewall/antivirus then check the above items are trusted thru the antivirus application.

Message 2 of 3 (1,729 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for the advice. I managed to fix it by updating my kid's norton family protection from child and teen to teen and older. Oh my goodness, I completely forgot I put that on years ago LOL. Well in other news everything is nice and new and clean installed and the computer had a clean boot and all hahahahaha. So its all good :D 

Message 3 of 3 (2,049 Views)