sims 4 won't drop items

by AnimeLarry

Original Post

sims 4 won't drop items

★★★ Newbie

Sims 4 updated on the 18th of June and now sims get stuck with items in their hands. The only way I can fix it is wait for the items to appear in thier hands and drop a table on their head.

Isn't coming into inventory etc but food is still ageing and then toddlers especially are trying to eat spoiled food.

They won't start a new task including going to the toilet or sleeping until the item is dropped.

Message 1 of 5 (772 Views)

Re: sims 4 won't drop items

@AnimeLarry  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (758 Views)

Hero

Hi @AnimeLarry 

bit unclear what your issue is. Are you talking about toddlers getting stuck toys in their hands or all Sims ?

Are you using mods/cc at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

All sims. They go to put down whatever they are holding, and it looks as though they’ve put it in their inventory but it doesn’t appear in there. Then the plate or toy will reappear in their hand and they’ll repeat it endlessly.

not using any mods, just the expansions and free downloads off Origin 

Message 4 of 5 (714 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (706 Views)