sims 4 vc++error code 1603

by ohsarahh

Original Post

Re: sims 4 vc++error code 1603

★ Novice

I've tried this but it did not help. I tried tons of things but nothing has helped. I have windows 10

Message 61 of 98 (1,569 Views)

★ Novice

what if you have the error and the code 1603 but dont have that update im haveing the same problem and ive looked for it 2 or 3  times theres a lot of KB2.... and KB29 with other numbers not 18614 please help me if you can 

@kurachex wrote:

I had this issue as well. I tried multiple things, getting frustrated, before I found an article about  installing the VC ++ redistributable package.

What I did:

1. Go to Windows Update

2. Click Installed Updates

3. Find Update KB2918614 in the list and uninstall it.

4. Restart your computer.

5. Run Sims 4 installation again.

6. Play Sims 4! Yay!!

Hope this helps!

Message 62 of 98 (1,558 Views)

Hero

Did you try reinstalling the redistributes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 98 (1,554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this issue BUT FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!

Basically the problem is that Windows 10 has an issue with 

ERROR Error 997 while installing Microsoft visual c++ 2008 x86

The fix for this is found in the first post in the link below. Do everything he says INCLUDING COPYING FILES FROM OLD FOLDER INTO THE NEW ONE. ONLY COPY FILES NOT LISTED IN THE NEW FOLDER.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/error-error-997-while-ins...

If you have Windows 10 32-bit please download x86 from the link below.

If you have Windows 10 64-bit please download x64 from the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48014

After following these steps I went into my game folder (C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/ {your game listed here})

Look for a folder labled _Installer.

In this folder look for vc.

Now you need to install EVERY version you can find inside this folder (I had 6 versions for my game).

After installing it all the game worked perfectly!!!!!!!

Message 64 of 98 (1,541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I've been having this issue for about a week and a half now, as listed here: http://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/discussion/880853/error-the-vc-runtime-redistributable-package-was-n... I've done everything they've told me to do, and I'm still getting the error. It's gone from ( 1 ), to (false) and now (1603). I'm on the verge of getting a new computer.. But then if it happens on that one too, I'll be so mad.. If you read through my posts (in link), I've downloaded ts4 before and installed it with no issues, including having the KB2918614 update and everything. I tried again last week and now it's not letting me install it without the error popping up right when it completes.. I've literally got no clue what else I could possibly do. If you could help in any way, that would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you

-Mykayla.

Message 65 of 98 (1,508 Views)

Hero

Could you post a screenshot for me which versions of VC++ you have installed currently ?

In your Add/Remove programs. You can edit out the rest of your programs from the pic if you don't want them shown

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 98 (1,500 Views)

★★ Novice

Ignore the rest of the stuff lmao but I've uninstalled every single vcredist file on my comp and then downloaded the 2013 files as everyone has been saying to do. As well as ran them so they would install. My computer is a 64 bit so I had just ran the x64 one but origin didn't work without it, so I ran the x86. And people tell me to run the vcredist.arm file but I can't. My comp says its incorrect or an error. When I download/install origin, it automatically downloads the 2010 and 2013 versions of vcredist files. Should I look for a way to cancel the 2010 version? Or even run those files too?

Message 67 of 98 (1,492 Views)

★★ Novice

So I ran both the 2013 vcredist files and both the 2010 vcredist files and went to install ts4, it took a long time and then it completed without that error popping up Standard smile

Message 68 of 98 (1,488 Views)

Hero

For Sims 4 you need both 2010 and 2012. (I think that's the ones at least)

If you want to run the 64 bit version of Sims 4, you'll need the 64 bit version of the redistributable and since Origin is a 32 bit application, yes, you'll need 32 bit as well.

Is everything working now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 98 (1,486 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes everything is running great Standard smile

Message 70 of 98 (1,474 Views)