Re: sims 4 vc++error code 1603

by kurachex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 vc++error code 1603

★★★★★ Newbie

i keep getting vc++error code 1603 when trying to install sims 4 demo. 

I't says error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. setup cannt continue. (1603)

please help 

Message 1 of 98 (53,042 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I had this issue as well. I tried multiple things, getting frustrated, before I found an article about  installing the VC ++ redistributable package.

What I did:

1. Go to Windows Update

2. Click Installed Updates

3. Find Update KB2918614 in the list and uninstall it.

4. Restart your computer.

5. Run Sims 4 installation again.

6. Play Sims 4! Yay!!

Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 7 of 98 (61,797 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

See if this thread helps you with the issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Battlefield-3-Microsoft-Visual-3-C-2010-x86-Redistributable/m... (click on go to solution on the first post)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 98 (52,725 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem and tried various fixes including trying to download a new copy of the redistributable (then I got an error about the key not being valid for use in specific state).  I finally found that the Windows Security Update KB2918614 was causing the issue after a convoluted series of searches which I can't remember my logic.  I uninstalled the security update, ran the install in Origin and it worked.  I then went back and installed the Windows fle because it was a security update after all!  

Message 3 of 98 (52,506 Views)

★★ Novice

did you get it fixed...im still having the same issue and no one seems to be able to fix it

Message 4 of 98 (52,432 Views)

Hero

Did you read the comments in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 98 (52,414 Views)

★ Novice

@thinkristin wrote:

I had the same problem and tried various fixes including trying to download a new copy of the redistributable (then I got an error about the key not being valid for use in specific state).  I finally found that the Windows Security Update KB2918614 was causing the issue after a convoluted series of searches which I can't remember my logic.  I uninstalled the security update, ran the install in Origin and it worked.  I then went back and installed the Windows fle because it was a security update after all!

Found the update you was talking about just completely uninstalled it rebooted ran origin. Then tried installing again and it worked liked a charm thanks
Message 6 of 98 (52,292 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this issue as well. I tried multiple things, getting frustrated, before I found an article about  installing the VC ++ redistributable package.

What I did:

1. Go to Windows Update

2. Click Installed Updates

3. Find Update KB2918614 in the list and uninstall it.

4. Restart your computer.

5. Run Sims 4 installation again.

6. Play Sims 4! Yay!!

Hope this helps!

Message 7 of 98 (61,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG this is the one thing I felt that helped me THX!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 98 (51,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! you saved me a lot of time and pain.

Message 9 of 98 (51,831 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you soooooo much ! Your answer to the above issue helped me resolve my issue. I had been at it for over 3 hrs. Thanx sooooo much !
Message 10 of 98 (51,766 Views)