Re: sims 4 unrecognized video card

by CMeki

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

I think it was more the problem with the User profile but having higher settings in Graphics than your card can really handle is not good either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 20 (766 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen I was still running the game in my original profile.  The only thing I did in my local profile was run dxdiag and post to this forum.

Message 12 of 20 (763 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The game crashed again within a few minutes of starting up.  I ran dxdiag again and a new crash code appeared.

Message 13 of 20 (755 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I did a clean boot and I'm running Origin and TS4 as administrator because the game crashed while booting and Origin wouldn't run.
Message 14 of 20 (752 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please attach the lastcrash.txt file from your The Sims 4 folder.

Also I notice that you have poor eyesight since Windows is set to enlarge text. For testing purposes try to set it back to standard before starting the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 15 of 20 (742 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also getting help directly from EA at the moment.  The enlarge text is from using a 60" TV. not bad eyesight.

Message 16 of 20 (735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi 

i had same issue except game wouldn't load at all

i went through every possible fix with EA

from disabling origin in game

updating game/gfx drivers

to reinstalling game

what fixed it for me was i went into my GeForce experience (graphics card settings)

and set game to run windowed borderless

came on first time and worked perfectly

hope this helps

Message 17 of 20 (727 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@idclaimed I have an AMD card, so I don't have any GeForce programs.
Message 18 of 20 (725 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I ended up flushing the dns cache, clearing the origin cache, and reseting the internet explorer settings.  The game has been working for at least 50 minutes without any issues.

Message 19 of 20 (4,703 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@eg15

That's great, thanks for reporting what worked for you! Standard smile

Message 20 of 20 (707 Views)