sims 4 stuck on white screen

by mysticGamer1983

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 stuck on white screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok so, I just got sims 4 cats and dogs and I wanted to play it so I loaded up the game and it just got stuck on a white screen, I have no mods installed and it was working fine until I got cats and dogs, I have windows 10 and I really wanted to play, any help?

Message 1 of 9 (23,789 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 stuck on white screen

Champion (Retired)

@mysticGamer1983

Great, thanks!

It seems like your computer meets the minimums specs, bur just barely. Your graphic drivers are 6 months old, are those the latest? If not, update those and try again. Otherwise,

Try resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
      • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: The Amazing Crinrict, https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (27,481 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 9 (23,761 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did

Message 3 of 9 (23,734 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mysticGamer1983

Great, thanks!

It seems like your computer meets the minimums specs, bur just barely. Your graphic drivers are 6 months old, are those the latest? If not, update those and try again. Otherwise,

Try resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
      • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: The Amazing Crinrict, https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 4 of 9 (27,482 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mysticGamer1983

Also, you do not have the latest update of Windows 10. Please update that too! Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (23,722 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you, it's all working now!

Message 6 of 9 (23,683 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@mysticGamer1983 my isnt im either really unlucky or i did it wrong
Message 7 of 9 (6,141 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am now experiencing this issue as well.

Message 8 of 9 (6,118 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Since this is a pretty old thread that hasn't been updated in a couple years I went ahead and locked it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you're having trouble with a similar issue please create a new thread and include as many details about what you're experiencing as possible. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (6,010 Views)