sims 4 stuck on loading screen

by alex_novess

Original Post

sims 4 stuck on loading screen

★★ Novice

Recently, I downloaded a couple of CC items into my game, and since then whenever I click to play the Sims, it's always stuck on the loading screen right before it opens up to the main menu. I don't know if it's because of the CC or not, cause I recently updated my computer, but it's been going on for a couple of days now, and I don't know what to do. I have been searching the internet and checking on the forums and stuff and it still stays stuck on the loading screen. 

Message 1 of 2 (148 Views)

Re: sims 4 stuck on loading screen

Hero (Retired)
@alex_novess

This issue is caused by outdated CC

Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 2 (136 Views)