sims 4 stuck on household loading screen

by MyraTyra13

Original Post

sims 4 stuck on household loading screen

★★★★ Novice

I took out all the old mods and put in new updated mods but it's still not working. This happened after the last update.

Message 1 of 4 (297 Views)

Re: sims 4 stuck on household loading screen

@MyraTyra13  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please remove your entire Mods folder, delete localthumbcache.package, and test.  You don't need to save your progress; the point is to see whether you can get to live mode at all.  If you can't, please start a new save and try as well, just for comparison.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (285 Views)

Re: sims 4 stuck on household loading screen after dec 7 update

★★★★ Novice

Hi i tried that and my game opens without mods but once i put in mods, even if its the updated one, it doesn't work.

Message 3 of 4 (259 Views)

Re: sims 4 stuck on household loading screen after dec 7 update

@MyraTyra13  There has been another patch since you last posted, and the mods that were fully up to date on Sunday may be incompatible now.  So please check the download pages of your mods for updates confirmed to work with patch 1.69.

If this isn't the issue, please remove your Mods folder, delete localthumbcache.package, load the game to the Main Menu to create a new Mods folder, and add back just one mod that's confirmed to be updated.  Let me know whether you can still load your save.  You can quit without saving, so the game doesn't save without the rest of your mods present; this is just for testing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (249 Views)