sims 4 story mode disappeared

by KotyaNumberOne

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 story mode disappeared

★★ Novice

can someone please help me? I wanted to create a sim in my existing world with story mode but the option is gone... I clicked create a sim, and I haven't found any option for story mode 

Message 1 of 10 (13,516 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 story mode disappeared

Hero
@KotyaNumberOne Try right clicking on the game in Origin then and hit repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (13,490 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @KotyaNumberOne 

it does work a bit different when you use an existing save vs. a new one

When you click on the + sign to add another Sim to your household, there should be a story mode option.

Unbenannt.JPG

Are you missing that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (13,506 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict yes Im missing the option
Message 3 of 10 (13,494 Views)

Hero
@KotyaNumberOne Try right clicking on the game in Origin then and hit repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (13,491 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I have mods and cc in the game, if I click repair will it delete all of it?
Message 5 of 10 (13,486 Views)

Hero
@KotyaNumberOne No. They will stay but if you want to make extra sure, you can just make a backup of your user files.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (13,477 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict thank you the repair worked Standard smile
Message 7 of 10 (13,470 Views)

Hero
@KotyaNumberOne Glad to hear.

Thanks for your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (13,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m also having this problem, but I have the game on my Xbox One, so how would I go about fixing it??

Message 9 of 10 (13,441 Views)

Hero
@cattico12 Is your game updated ? I don't really know how to troubleshoot console, you might wanna ask in the console forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (13,418 Views)