Re: sims 4 stopped working on new laptop

by mcrudd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 stopped working on new laptop

★ Guide

I got a new laptop and I had to install all my sims on it. Once all my sims were installed I played sims all day long and had so much fun. But now it won't  even load, it keeps on giving me the sims 4 stopped working error when I try to load the game. I play a cc and mod free game and this is newly installed too, so can't be corrupt saves as well. Please help me.

Message 1 of 6 (618 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Hi Crinrict just came her to update my situation. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still had the error, so the alienware techs went on my computer remotely again and found the fault after a long time of checking around for settings and things. It turned out to be my antivirus, so they changed the settings on it to allow sims to make changes to the computer and now it works perfectly. Do you still want me to post the dxdiag even though the problem is solved?

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (640 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I just had the alienware tech guy on my laptop and he said to uninstall sims and reinstall with cable,  I installed with wifi and sometimes that could cause issues, so will be reinstalling and will let you know if it works Standard smile

Message 2 of 6 (606 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (589 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crinrict just came her to update my situation. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still had the error, so the alienware techs went on my computer remotely again and found the fault after a long time of checking around for settings and things. It turned out to be my antivirus, so they changed the settings on it to allow sims to make changes to the computer and now it works perfectly. Do you still want me to post the dxdiag even though the problem is solved?

Message 4 of 6 (641 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Nope. If you have it figured out, just accept your post as solution to show it's solved and helps the next person with the same issue :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (577 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you will do that, don't think that a lot of people will ever suspect an antivirus, I know I did not LOL

Message 6 of 6 (569 Views)