Re: sims 4 social interactions menu wont show up

by thatalienmaddie

Original Post

sims 4 social interactions menu wont show up

★★ Novice

It seems like after the realm of magic pack was downloaded my sims social interactions aren't all there. With some sims they pop up but with most sims I'm missing a lot of social interactions. The only one that pops up in the romantic socials is give romantic gift and theres only a few that will come up in friendly interactions. I have mods but this problem seemed to start after the realm of magic pack. It's also a new household that I created. Sorry if this is confusing but I am having a hard time wording this. lol

Message 1 of 14 (30,021 Views)

@spwardle11  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section.

This issue is most likely caused by mods, and you'll need to sort through them manually to find out which one(s) are the cause.  Drag your Mods folder out of your Sims 4 game folder, delete localthumbcache.package, and test to confirm that the social interactions are back.  (You don't need to save your progress; this is just for testing.)  If the interactions are back, you can start testing your mods in batches.  Any batch that causes the same issue needs to be split and tested again until you find the problem file(s).  While testing, be sure to delete localthumbcache.package each time you quit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 14 (29,984 Views)

★★★ Novice
@spwardle11 I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM! I thought it was mods and I cleaned them out. But the issue is still there! Its so annoying
Message 3 of 14 (29,939 Views)

@RavenKnight9807  When you removed your mods, did you also delete localthumbcache.package?  Does the problem also occur in a new save?

Message 4 of 14 (29,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@spwardle11  Do you happen to have any KawaiiStacie mods? I have the same problem and I've been slowly trying to comb through my mods for what could be the issue, and I got the issue when I put a small batch of mods in that had some of hers in it.

I'm still not completely done with weeding through my mods, so there might be something else causing it as well, but consider temporarily removing her mods if you have any right now.

I'll follow up once I finish the last couple mods I need to test. My apologies if I'm being annoying.

Message 5 of 14 (29,829 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issue, except the only things that would show up would be my mod settings and the "call over" option. I don't have any of the friendly, romance, funny, mean etc interactions after I downloaded Realm of Magic. My game was working fine before I downloaded the game pack and I removed mods/cc that conflicted with the game but seemed to have no changes. 

The pie menu shows up fine for pets 

Message 6 of 14 (29,792 Views)

@thatalienmaddie  This is still likely a mod issue, even if you think you've updated all your mods.  Remove the entire Mods folder (you can put it on your desktop), delete localthumbcache.package, and test the game.  You don't need to save your progress; just check whether the interactions are back.  If they are, you can start adding your mods back in batches and testing.  Any batch that causes the interactions to disappear again needs to be split and tested again until you've identified the problem file(s).  While testing, be sure to delete localthumbcache.package every time you quit the game.

Message 7 of 14 (29,776 Views)

★ Apprentice

I believe the issue is with KawaiiStacie Explore Mod.  I began having the same issue as you though I was still using the previous version to the 9/6 update and it was working fine for me until today.  I removed all groups of mods and narrowed it down to the KawaiiStacie mods and from there to the Explore Mod.  I stopped having the issue once I updated the Explore Mod with the 9/6 version.  I hope this helps you if you have not gotten a chance to figure it out yet.

Message 8 of 14 (29,677 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Angelica0501 I found that, for me at least, it was probably KawaiiStacie's social media mod, as well as some of her event mods. After downloading the explore mod update a second time, it worked fine (not sure why it gave an issue the first time, but I suppose it doesn't matter anymore.)
Message 9 of 14 (29,623 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having this issue too. All of my friendly social interactions are limited to hugs, taking pictures, and sharing secrets. Also, I can only give gifts for the funny interaction. I have mods as well and I haven't played since mid August, which is before the updates and pack release.

Message 10 of 14 (29,612 Views)