sims 4 seasons : sims not reacting to weather

by Shelbie_ann01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 seasons : sims not reacting to weather

★★★ Novice

I recently installed seasons and beforehand I removed a lot of cc and updated mods that were reported as not working. However, none of my sims react to the weather in any way. I'm not sure like if they are supposed to get moodlets or anything but they will stand in the rain for hours and act like nothing is happening. Also I have them take an umbrella from the stand but they won't use it not even the townies will use them.  I've basically removed all of my mods at the moment and a lot of my cc. IS there anything else I can do? Or any specific mods that are reported to cause this problem that I'm missing?

Message 1 of 7 (2,224 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 seasons : sims not reacting to weather

Hero

Hi @Shelbie_ann01

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,360 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Shelbie_ann01

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,361 Views)

★★★ Novice

This didn't work for me, they still won't respond to weather. They change clothes for the cold or hot weather, but they won't use an umbrella when its raining (Nor will the townies) and they don't get moodlets from the cold or hot, or if they're in their cold weather outfit when its hot out and vise versa.

Message 3 of 7 (2,058 Views)

Hero
Did you try a new save as well before adding any mods/cc back ? For testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,046 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes it worked thank you! I just had to start a new save and the problem was gone (along with spending an hour eliminating the broken cc) I find it upsetting though because I have a save that I love and I am going to be very sad to have to delete it.

Message 5 of 7 (2,032 Views)

Hero
You shouldn't have to delete your save. Removing the cc that's causing it should put the game back to working order. Trying a new save is just for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (2,023 Views)

★★ Novice

This happened to me too, look at your cc when the game starts up and go down to script mods take out any suspicious mods or mods that weren't updated when the game updated for seasons, also take out any animations that are in the script location. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,916 Views)