Re: sims 4 required game data is missing or damaged

by 2345Ella

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 required game data is missing or damaged

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

Today I loaded up sims 4 get to work for the first time, it downloaded but whenever i tried running the sims 4 game it came up with:

Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

[85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

I stupidly delelted the sims 4 file in documents/electronic arts and when the new one appeared when i tried loading up the game again i dont think it has all the files.

I don't know what to do helpppp

Message 1 of 18 (25,483 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
@EuphorialQueen thank you for your help, but i have fixed it myself, i simply deleted origin and sims all together and downloaded it all again

View in thread

Message 4 of 18 (25,375 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@2345Ella 
Deleting the folder in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 is not a problem. As a matter of fact it is commonly recommended as a troubleshooting step. The actual files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 are where the data is stored for your game to run.
The error code you got has been reported as being the result of custom content.
An interrupted download could lead to the content not fully loading.

PC/Mac: 
Open the Origin launcher and click on the game once. That will take you to the screen with a list of packs.
Under (more) expansions find Get To Work and see if it shows as installed.
If it does a simple repair may fix it.
Next:
Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Rename The Sims 4 to The Sims 4.old to preserve your saves, tray, screenshots and mods folders/files.
Run Repair from Origin as described in the troubleshooting guide.

Start the game without adding anything back as a test.
The game will automatically create fresh versions of all the folders/files.

Please report back with the results and more help if needed.
Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 18 (25,413 Views)

★★★ Expert

@2345Ella Are the files you deleted from Documents/Electronic Arts still in your Recycle Bin? You should be able to restore them from there.

Message 3 of 18 (25,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EuphorialQueen thank you for your help, but i have fixed it myself, i simply deleted origin and sims all together and downloaded it all again
Message 4 of 18 (25,376 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RandomBuzziness No they weren't but i've fixed the problem, thanks for your help though
Message 5 of 18 (25,378 Views)

★★★ Expert

@2345Ella That's great to hear :D I was thinking you were asking about things like your Saves and Tray folders & how to get those back if they were deleted along with all of your other Sims 4 folders.

Message 6 of 18 (25,368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you loose all your save?

and/or have to rebuy everything?

Message 7 of 18 (24,809 Views)

★★★ Newbie

theres nothing in my origin games files so yeah i guess i wasted 60.00 on a game (i bought cats and dogs, and bought sims on sale)

Message 8 of 18 (23,122 Views)

@yaboylevi12  What issue are you having?  If you describe it in a bit more detail, someone here will try to help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 18 (23,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue and came in search of answers, I found that in my initial files some were still pending and not properly syncing (which by uninstalling origin and sims all together restored all the proper files without pausing sync...) its a whole hot mess but that seems to be the most feasible option Standard smile

Message 10 of 18 (18,530 Views)