Re: sims 4 on multiple platforms

by Simkiim

Original Post

sims 4 on multiple platforms

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I play The Sims 4 on my PC but I will be travelling and I wanted to install it on my laptop so I can still play it. But when I open Origin on my laptop, I cannot download the game. When I open base game in the library, there is only option to purchase it as a gift or watch a trailer. When I look at my DLCs there is instead "download" button (the orange one) red one that's unclickable with "Game retrieveing data..." in it.

It's for a while now. I don't have Origin opened on the computer. I of course don't want to unistall the game from the computer Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (429 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Install Origin, download the latest version here: https://www.origin.com/dnk/en-us/store/download
After installation login to the account you have The Sims 4 on. Rightclick the game in your game library and select Install.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (423 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I have Origin. The newest one. I downloaded it on the laptop today.
Message 3 of 5 (420 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
For some reason, it's working now. Weird, I didn't do anything. But thanks.
Message 4 of 5 (419 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

When you have the game associated with your account on Origin, you are able to play the game wherever you have Origin installed. (It has to be the same platform, however. You can't open Sims 4 on PS4/XBox when you have a PC version, for example.)

Sometimes when you install Origin on another computer, it can take a moment or two to associate the game files with your new computer.

If you want to still play your saved games, you'd also need to copy those files from your main computer onto the laptop, then back when you get home; Sims 4 doesn't have cloud-based saves.

- B

Message 5 of 5 (413 Views)