sims 4 not working

by trish089

Original Post

sims 4 not working

★★★★★ Novice

I am having an issue with my sims 4. every time I start the game it work fine for about a min or two, but as soon as I decide to plan an outfit and the return to in game play, my whims are there but I can not see them they are sliver and I cant see what they are saying if I pass my cursor over it, my controls won't work and then I am stuck in the game and cant escape unless I type ALT-CTRL-DEL. I removed my mods but I'm still having the same problem. I have repaired the game so many times I don't want to try anymore. I LOVE MY SIMS 4 and not being able to continue my stories is depressing. how can I fix this. please help

Message 1 of 5 (377 Views)

Re: sims 4 not working

★★★ Newbie
@trish089 hey, I'm having similar issues except ever since updating my game won't open at all even after complete removal of cc and mods. very sad not being able to play
Message 2 of 5 (337 Views)

@trish089  The issue you've described is normally caused by the UI Cheats mod, but it's possible there's something else corrupt in your user data folder.  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play normally for a bit.  Let me know either way.

@simsforevaxd  Please try the clean folder, as described above, as well.  If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (321 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddicthi...thank you so much for the info. I wanted to see if it was the UI mod was causing the problem so I deleted it and started the game and everything is back to normal. my game is working. my question is, do I still go ahead and still remove the folder just to be on the safe side or can I just keep going?

Message 4 of 5 (284 Views)

[ Edited ]

@trish089  If everything looks fine with the UI mod gone, then there's no reason to sort through your other mods.  Besides, with no obvious issue to check, you'd have no way of identifying the other broken mods if you did have any.

In general, it's a good idea to back up your saves periodically, just in case something goes wrong.  It's even better when you use mods, because you never know when one will cause a problem.  You can copy the entire saves folder (inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) to another location, preferably to an external hard drive or USB, or uploaded to cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), but even another location on your computer would be fine unless the computer itself had issues.

If at a later point, one of your mods corrupts your existing saves, you'll be able to restore an old one instead of having to start from scratch.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (258 Views)