sims 4 latest update has caused slow loading and lagging

by rozarie51055

Original Post

sims 4 latest update has caused slow loading and lagging

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, I have the Sims 4 game with most of the expansion packs/stuff. I play the game on my laptop. Since your latest update there has been a problem with the game loading. It takes almost 20 minutes before it actually loads to the game menu and then when you click on a sim household it does the same. If at all possible, could you please look into this matter at your earliest convenience. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (302 Views)

Re: sims 4 latest update has caused slow loading and lagging

@rozarie51055  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder; just see how the load times are.  Please create a new save, then quit and reload to test again.

If the load times are equally slow in the clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue.  I do not see a USER DATA Folder in my EA Folder.  

Message 3 of 4 (257 Views)

★★ Expert
@yoblack--the folder itself is called The Sims 4. it can be found following @puzzlezaddict's instructions.
Message 4 of 4 (232 Views)