sims 4 language

by willywillyt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 language

★★★ Newbie

the writing in my game is in russian and i need it to be in english o i can read it but i cant get to the language settings to change it because i dont speak russian

Message 1 of 7 (38,362 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 language

Community Manager

If you bought a Russian version, English isn't available. You can check what languages are available by going to your local Origin store and checking the product description for Supported Languages.

To change a language, change your Origin language then reinstall to change the language.

@HappyNeylian If RU isn't viable for you(i think slovakian/czech are also an option, but I can't confirm that), you can put in for a refund here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (41,411 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Same here Im currently in Russia and have purchesed the game through Origin, however there is no such option to change language at all, Im waiting  for a bit and will return the game back.

Message 2 of 7 (38,336 Views)

Community Manager

If you bought a Russian version, English isn't available. You can check what languages are available by going to your local Origin store and checking the product description for Supported Languages.

To change a language, change your Origin language then reinstall to change the language.

@HappyNeylian If RU isn't viable for you(i think slovakian/czech are also an option, but I can't confirm that), you can put in for a refund here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 7 (41,412 Views)

★★ Novice

1. Click start then run or Press Windows Key + R to open regedit 2. type regedit in the run box (if you click start then run) and press enter 3. go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Wow6432Node/­Maxis/The Sims 4 and double click on Key string named "Locale" and change the value to "en_US" and save 5. start your SIMS 4 and the language will be in english.

Message 4 of 7 (38,274 Views)

Community Manager

This won't work if the language isn't available. I just had this tested on an RU copy and changing this just broke the game.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 7 (38,255 Views)

★★ Novice

thanks for the answers I have reterned the game back, however I think english must be an option for every region since its international languagre very strange EA's policy and compain. I dont speak russian Im just working there for a time being. Sad tho was looking forward to play this game Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (38,224 Views)

★ Novice
@merabet92 bruh, that is SO cool thanks man wtf that's so cool
Message 7 of 7 (29,163 Views)