Re: sims 4 lagging

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 lagging

★ Novice

So i play sims 4 on my windows 10 , on  a sandisk usb ( my computer doent have space for sims). Lately sims 4 has been lagging starting when going to work or planning events. Ive tried everything, reparing the game, clearing memory( computer and usb), even complete deleted the game and reloaded. the only thing that worked for one game play was changing it to 32 bit. its still lagging idk what else to do. Also i only have Get to work and the parenthood. I'm a newbie. 

Message 1 of 4 (312 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@Diamondlove93 

Your computer is below minimum requirements for the game. You do not have free room on your system drive for temporary files.

Clearing up some space there might help as will having graphics options set to low and enable laptop mode. Disable Origin in game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (244 Views)

All Replies

@Diamondlove93  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.  This may just be the inevitable result of playing off an external drive, but it's worth checking out other potential problems.  So please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (298 Views)

★ Novice

Ok Ive attached the Dxdiag. I was thinking it may be that i need an external drive. Could you suggest any?

Message 3 of 4 (271 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Diamondlove93 

Your computer is below minimum requirements for the game. You do not have free room on your system drive for temporary files.

Clearing up some space there might help as will having graphics options set to low and enable laptop mode. Disable Origin in game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (245 Views)