Re: sims 4 lagging

by LT_Gavin

Original Post

sims 4 lagging

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'll post up my diag too because I've experience a general slowdown during the game. 

Message 1 of 11 (690 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Monocricket

You could check if there are new drivers for your card. But generally, the only problem I see is a small amount of free space on C drive. Theoretically, there is some free space there, but when the temporary files get there, you'll have almost zero. Check if you can make more free space there.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 11 (662 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah, that's my OS drive, the Sims 4 is installed on the bigger ones. Though I just noticed I have it installed actually on both of the two.... running the app from either drive gives me access to the same save files.... do you think its actually running off of two hardrives..!?
Message 3 of 11 (645 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The game on my D drive is 12GB whereas the F drive version is 28.5GB. Running the TS4_x64 app through the Game > Bin folders doesn't seem to show any appreciable difference in content or lag.
Message 4 of 11 (644 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Just checked my sim's save path... they are saved on the C drive. So I guess that might explain why both drives have access to the same loads.

What a crazy mess.
Message 5 of 11 (643 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Using the Move Game option from origin, it opens up the larger version in F drive. Any guesses if its a good idea to move it to overlap the smaller version?
Message 6 of 11 (641 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue. Never had an issue with the Sims until now. This is not a hardware issue. Can play any game that out on Ultra but sims 4 wont go over 36 fps. 

Message 7 of 11 (622 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'd kill for 36, I'm consistently sup 10 fps right now. I'm dying.
Message 8 of 11 (616 Views)

Hero

HI @Monocricket 

you can move your entire doc folder over to your other drive, that should free up some space.

Here's instructions how to do it: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74952-move-location-documents-folder-windows-10-a.html

Makes sure to only move your doc folder and not the whole user.

Other than that, are you running any programs in the back ? There's some user that reported discord slowing the game down and other that said it runs way better if they turn off their online connection. 

Try if it makes a difference if you do that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (595 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Moved together the two game folders, no problems there. I task managered just about everything that didn't seem a systems thing and no change unfortunately.

Thanks for the assistance everyone, maybe I just have to cross my fingers for the next update.
Message 10 of 11 (584 Views)