sims 4 keeps crashing on windows 10 it the only game that crashes

by Venickaja

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 keeps crashing on windows 10 it the only game that crashes

★★★★ Novice

ok so my sims 4 keeps closing randomly.

now i play other games like europa universalis and hearts of iron 4  elder scrolls skyrim

on my computer and i do not have any crashes however sims 4 is my only game that keep crashing when im playing it.

heck i can even run sims 3 and no crashes it just sims 4 i uploaded my dxdaig to here

allso it happens like every few days very rarley but it super annoying and wish it wouldnt do it

can some one help me oh by the way im on windows 10

Message 1 of 46 (3,617 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 keeps crashing on windows 10 it the only game that crashes

@Lori57  That means it's time to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of the Nvidia graphics driver.  Here's how:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/02/clean-re-install-of-graphics-drivers-with-display-driver-uninstall...

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 23 of 46 (3,616 Views)

All Replies

@Venickaja  Do you use mods and/or custom content?  The crashes in your dxdiag  look like they're probably caused by a bad mod, or (less likely) outdated cc.  If you do use them, please move the entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and see whether you get another crash.  You can use "save as" to rename your save while you're testing—that way, the original save will be preserved under its old name, and you can go back to that later if you want.

If you don't use mods or custom content, or removing the Mods folder doesn't help, try uninstalling and reinstalling Sims 4.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 46 (3,577 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ok i only use mccc command center and it the latest version on deaderpools website.

allso i think i got a crash before i installed mc command center so i am trying to reinstall sims 4 and

see if that fixes it

Message 3 of 46 (3,566 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have reinstalled the game i am going to reinstall mcc command center and see if i get any crashes

i will comment back if i get a crash

Message 4 of 46 (3,552 Views)

★★ Novice

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Error-Code-oe61221-1df4e8dc-0000000/m-p/11213748#M2295... try this, it’s what fixed my game and someone else’s ( I don’t work for ea )

Message 5 of 46 (3,517 Views)

★★★★ Novice

it not a error my game just legit closes 

allso after a week my game just closed again 

that all that happening the game closes 

it crash couse i keep getting lastcrash report but i dont know how to read them.

can some one help uninstalling the game and reinstalling just delayed it the crashed

and i dont want to keep doing that

Message 6 of 46 (3,421 Views)

★★★★ Novice

allso i wish someone from ea would just respond that why i came here

or some one who can help me rather than directing me to other thread unrelated to my problem

or telling me to remove mods whan i only have mc comand center and to unistall the game.

this is sopposed to be a technical support thread so far i have received no technical support from ea

Message 7 of 46 (3,419 Views)

★★★★ Novice

was just on ea live chat support and once i said i was on steam the tech guy tone change and sent me to a windows 10 page about freeze and how to

fix them i am not having a freeze if this was any other game company my problem would be fixed by now but becouse it ea worst company in america 

the tech support is bad im starting to get sick of how i am being treated as a customer who has a problem with ea game i am thinking about taking this

to accc or whatever  in Australia and going further from there and get the Australian goverment to fix my problem i dont wanna do that but i am really thinking about it

Message 8 of 46 (3,398 Views)

★★★★ Novice

can some one please respond my problem is a crash not a error or a freeze a crash

i am starting to get sick of sitting here for like a week waiting for some to respond with how to fix my game

Message 9 of 46 (3,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Venickaja,

Answers HQ is a forum for players to help other players.

Have you already tried all the steps @puzzlezaddict suggested or have you just reinstalled The Sims 4 and MCCC?

EACade
Message 10 of 46 (3,271 Views)