Re: sims 4 keeps crashing on windows 10 it the only game that crashes

by Venickaja

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade  i have reinstalled sims 4 now why im so long in reply is couse for like a week i had no crashes.

well i just got a crash today i have done everything @puzzlezaddict  has said when she posted it.

allso @kat55angel  fixes do not work as they for a error code not a crash.

i need more help couse i just dont know what to try at this point and i want the problem gone.

allso should be noted when i repair the game on steam after the crash i get this message after it repaired

5 files failed to validate and will be reacquired i have to repair the game on steam after the crash or else it will crash more often.

as repairing the game delays a crash form happening same as reinstalling did. 

can some one help

Message 11 of 46 (1,444 Views)

@Venickaja  Are you playing with any mods or custom content installed, or any other modifications to the game, for example Reshade?  If so, please test without any of that, and repair the game in Steam (again) after you've removed all the third-party content.

Please also let me know whether you use a third-party antivirus.  If you do, try disabling it temporarily, just long enough to repair the game and test.  As long as you don't do anything else while it's disabled, your computer should be safe.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 46 (1,414 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict ok so i have had crashing before i got mods

i only have mc comand center that it and even before i had that it was allso crashing i do have a anti virus kaspersky do you think

my anti virus is causing it to crash allso it only crashes once every few days like it really rare that in order for me to do what you said 

my anitvirus would need to be disable for a few days.

it only crashes like once every 3 4 days maybe a week.

Message 13 of 46 (1,365 Views)

@Venickaja  I haven't heard of any problems with Kaspersky recently, but it's definitely interfered with Sims 4 in the past.  It's also unusual for an antivirus, or any system issue really, to cause such sporadic crashes, but it's not impossible.  You could try setting exceptions for Origin.exe and TS4_x64.exe, if you haven't already, or disabling Kaspersky only while you play.  It's also worth checking your computer's update history to see if Windows is downloading or modifying something around the same time of the crashes.  You can see updates in the Reliability Monitor, among other places.

I understand you've had crashes in the past without MCCC.  But there are so many reasons why Sims 4 crashes, and so many previous crash-causing bugs that have since been patched, those past issues might have nothing to do with your current ones, which is why I always ask people to test with no mods at all.

Message 14 of 46 (1,349 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict ok so how to i create exceptions for origin.exe and TS4_x64.exe

Message 15 of 46 (1,269 Views)

@Venickaja  There are plenty of online guides for this process, as with pretty much everything computer-related.  For example:

https://knowledge.civilgeo.com/knowledge-base/adding-an-exception-to-kaspersky-firewall/

Message 16 of 46 (1,249 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  ok so a update to my problem i repaired the game yesterday even tho i didnt play the game in like 4 days

and it found 5 files failed to validate even tho it hasnt crashed latley since i havnt played the game in a few days well

i think im gonna repair the game everytime i want to play it as i know repairing the game delay the crash

i think this should stop my crashes couse it will delay it forever i let you know how this goes in a few weeks or till it crashes

Message 17 of 46 (1,204 Views)

@Venickaja  Please do let me know.  I wouldn't be worried about the files failing to validate—that's not uncommon at all—and it's odd that repairing every time would put off the crashes.  But if it works for you, why not.

Message 18 of 46 (1,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This is a very weird issue to pin down. Next time there is an upgrade I am removing my Save folder before upgrading as it seems to affect saves but not new games that I start after the upgrade.

I removed the saves folder, didn't work. Now it is crashing even on new saves. I have noticed, it seems to happen when moving the mouse across the screen. I am going to replace the mouse and if that fails I will uninstall and re-install sims 4.That is about the only option left, as I have tried everything else that players have suggested and that I have thought of myself.

Message 19 of 46 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

After buying and swapping my old mouse for my new Logitec G502, I have been playing all day and not one crash.

I will come back daily and let you know if it has stopped the crashing problem. But if you want to try it for yourself it is a fairly inexpensive fix.

Hope this helps with a truly annoying problem.

Monday: I have been playing for 8 straight hours and no crashing.

Tuesday : I have a new sort of crashing, it gives a blue error screen and this.

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys) Windows 10 BSOD Error

Apparently the only solutions seem to be buy a new graphics card {not NVidia} or roll back Windows to 8.1. Or stop playing Sims, I haven't made my mind up yet which to choose.

Message 20 of 46 (899 Views)