Re: sims 4 keeps crashing in build mode

by rainbowqueerio

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 keeps crashing in build mode

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I got a brand new laptop for Christmas this year and immediately downloaded the sims 4 and the cats and dogs expansion pack. The game did crash when I tried to exit after I ran it for the first time but I thought nothing of it and continued to play. I have three sim families and the current one is the one causing me the most issues. Whenever I try to build her a house the game always freezes and crashes and I lose all of my progress. I don't understand why this is happening because I checked whether the laptop could run the game before I bought it and it said it could. Please help! (I attempted to attach my laptop's DxDiag but if it messed up I apologize, I'm new here lol).

Message 1 of 3 (7,826 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

You do not have enough RAM. While you do have 4GB half of that is used by the builtin graphics so you end up with too little for the game. Try turning graphics down to low and see if that will let you play. Also even though laptops are not very upgradeable in most cases it is possible to add more RAM. I suggest you look into this. Also your CPU is well below minimum requirements. However if you upgrade with more RAM keep Graphics at low and do not try to create big dogs it might work OK. Do not plan on getting the latest expansions already cats & dogs are too taxing for this laptop. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (7,813 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

You do not have enough RAM. While you do have 4GB half of that is used by the builtin graphics so you end up with too little for the game. Try turning graphics down to low and see if that will let you play. Also even though laptops are not very upgradeable in most cases it is possible to add more RAM. I suggest you look into this. Also your CPU is well below minimum requirements. However if you upgrade with more RAM keep Graphics at low and do not try to create big dogs it might work OK. Do not plan on getting the latest expansions already cats & dogs are too taxing for this laptop. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (7,814 Views)

★ Novice
Well, that's annoying. I'm not sure what to do with this laptop now lol.
Message 3 of 3 (7,801 Views)