sims 4 household

by calmdownemily

Original Post

sims 4 household

★★★★★ Newbie

when I load up sims 4 it works fine I can make my sims in cas but when I click on a house to move then into or wanna play a already saved household it loads up like it going to work but it just stays on the loading screens so I'm just here watch the plumbom going round and round if you know how to help please reply

Message 1 of 2 (134 Views)

Re: sims 4 household

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @calmdownemily 

If you use mods and/or cc, remove them and try your game again, if it works without them then you have to find the broken mod or cc interfering with your game: 

If you do not have any mods or cc, try 'repair game' with the little cog next to play.

cc and mod maintenance tips below

Spoiler
 I use 1000's of cc & mods, but keep them updated regularly, and set them up in different folders to sort when an issue arises such as Sims Game Update or adding a pack. (note, my game loads pretty quickly / or in and out of moving a sim)

• Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.

• Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack,

• I use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac.

• Dimitry's Mod Conflict Detector at mod the sims is good too, (but only for Windows not Mac - so if you have access to one, you could copy your Mods folder and check them that way) as you may have accidentally downloaded some Sims 3 / 2 items is not always going to be an obvious thing.. (as to 'why' if you haven't yet even tried to 'use' a cc in game)It will  detect duplicates and 'wrong game' cc.. and sorts it via highlighting in bright colors.

No mods or cc? try the following as well as 'repair game'

Spoiler

There is a step by step here on Clearing Cache Files (you can also move it to the desktop instead of deleting if you want to be on the safe side).

Another idea for you is to do a Clean Boot of your pc. Here's a troubleshooter. and another troubleshooter post by Crinrict

Also, remember after every game pack you add the 'requirements' for your pc are also affected. 

The Cats and Dogs pack was quite a large expansion as was Seasons sometimes pc capabilities proves to be an issue for quite a lot of people, I'll give you 2 links that may help you with the requirements as they increased quite a bit for the game to run well.

Hope this helps, let me know either way.

Sasha 

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 2 (116 Views)