Dot.: sims 4 get together missing textures

by kreatora

Original Post

sims 4 get together missing textures

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey! I haven't played the sims in forever and I recently reinstalled it and bought the university pack but I'm missing textures from get together. Mostly the hair, it glitches my whole sim out. They go purple and black squares. I repaired my game three times, reset my laptop and it's still broken. Pls, don't tell me I have to uninstall and reinstall. Isn't there something I can download to fix all this? 

I also have no mods that could be interfering. 

Message 1 of 2 (1,013 Views)

Dot.: sims 4 get together missing textures

Hero (Retired)
@Emilyeeek

You didn't play long and during that time there were definitely a few patches. After each patch, most mod scripts need an update and part CC is incompatible with the game.
Maybe you better check it out? 20 minutes of work and you are already sure that everything in your mods folder works correctly.
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now properly
If it is fixed, copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is working properly. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 2 (978 Views)