sims 4 gaming lagging

by zelneciaaaa

Original Post

Re: sims 4 gaming lagging

@zelneciaaaa  Please post a new dxdiag so I can see if there are any newer errors than previously.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 57 (558 Views)

★ Apprentice

Message 12 of 57 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]

@zelneciaaaa  Your dxdiag has a couple new errors likely related to the graphics driver, so those weren't simply a product of the lack of free space.  Lenovo offers a newer driver for your laptop here:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-3-14iml05/81wa/dow...

It's the Intel driver listed for Windows 11 and dated September 7.  Even though you have Windows 10, you should still be able to use this driver: Microsoft lists it as being compatible with Windows 10 builds going back to spring 2020, and yours is newer than that.  However, it's possible the installer will throw an error, in which case just stop there.

The Windows 10 driver provided by Lenovo is the one you already have installed, so you'd need to clean-uninstall it first before reinstalling.  Here are instructions:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/02/clean-re-install-of-graphics-drivers-with-display-driver-uninstall...

So, to be extra careful, do this: download both the Windows 11 (September 7) and Windows 10 (January 14) drivers, and DDU from the link above.  Try to install the Windows 11 driver.  If you get an error, or if you see any issues after the install, use DDU to clean uninstall the current driver and reinstall the older Windows 10 driver instead.  Restart your computer after installing any driver and before trying to play.

Message 13 of 57 (547 Views)

★ Apprentice

okay i did it 

Message 14 of 57 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

its still lagging when they move it looks like they are teleporting idk if i install the graphic card right

Message 15 of 57 (512 Views)

@zelneciaaaa  If you post a new dxdiag, I'll check the graphics driver for you.  And you did need to download install the driver manually, not just check for updates on the website.

Message 16 of 57 (472 Views)

★ Apprentice

How do I download it manually?

Message 17 of 57 (463 Views)

@zelneciaaaa  You go to the Lenovo site I linked, click the down arrow next to the name of one of the graphics drivers, and then click the little Download icon a bit below that arrow.

The file will download as an .exe, meaning you just have to double-click on it to launch the installer, and the installer will take care of the rest.

Message 18 of 57 (459 Views)

★ Apprentice

Message 19 of 57 (441 Views)

@zelneciaaaa  You still have the old graphics driver installed, not the newer one I suggested to try.  If you can't install the newer one, please do a clean uninstall of the older one, as described in the guide I linked, and reinstall the older version from the Lenovo site.

Message 20 of 57 (376 Views)