Re: sims 4 gaming lagging

by zelneciaaaa

Original Post

★ Apprentice

did i do it right this time i followed all the directions 

Message 21 of 57 (583 Views)

@zelneciaaaa  You do still have the old graphics driver installed.  Did you clean uninstall and reinstall it?  If not, please try that now, and let me know whether the game still lags.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 57 (516 Views)

★ Apprentice

im trying but its not working

Message 23 of 57 (505 Views)

@zelneciaaaa  Please describe the step you're stuck on and what happens when you try to do it.  If you get an error message, post a screenshot.

Message 24 of 57 (498 Views)

★ Apprentice

it says its install when i do it

Message 25 of 57 (493 Views)

@zelneciaaaa  Is that the Windows 11 driver (the newer one) or the Windows 10 driver?  If it's the Windows 10 driver, you need to follow the guide I linked earlier in the thread to clean uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.  Here's the guide again:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/02/clean-re-install-of-graphics-drivers-with-display-driver-uninstall...

Message 26 of 57 (457 Views)

★ Apprentice

It is windows 10 I didn't see the 11 I just tired again I'm doing everything right

Message 27 of 57 (436 Views)

★ Guide

I had that...I found I had loads...nearly 100 sims not in the world under other households so i deleted them and my game runs much better.

Message 28 of 57 (421 Views)

★ Apprentice

i only i have one load game

Message 29 of 57 (414 Views)

@zelneciaaaa  Alright, if you've clean uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows 10 driver, and the game still lags, please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  If any install, restart again afterwards.

If your save still lags, please test (again) a new save in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and a new folder will be created the next time you open the game.  (Your save and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't move anything to the new folder yet; just see whether a new save lags.

If you still have issues, please try a new save again, except this time while your computer is offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before pressing Play.

Message 30 of 57 (396 Views)