Re: sims 4 game loading error

by PugLove888

Original Post

sims 4 game loading error

★★★ Newbie

Game wont load after making household, selecting seasons and house it will not allow me to save, build or travel.

I have cc but its never been a problem before or for any others I've seen use sims 4

Message 1 of 7 (7,642 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kra0507 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (7,609 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kra0507, CC and Mods actually cause a lot of problems in many people's games Disappointed because those CC items and Mods can become outdated anytime EA updates the game in a patch, like we just got a couple of days ago.  It is impossible for EA to develop the game around all the Mods and CC that exist, therefore it is up to the Mods and CC creators to update their creations to fit TS4 as it evolves! Standard smile

To see which CC item or Mod has become outdated, please do the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps any time you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version.Raised eyebrow 

Hopefully the creator who made your CC has an updated version already.  If they don't yet, do not put the outdated one back in your game or you will have the same problems. Just wait until they fix the outdated item(s)! Angel

Please update us on how this works out for you! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (7,608 Views)

★ Novice

You are godsent. Thank you for your big help!Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (7,427 Views)

Champion

@bubukitty6 , (love your screen name, by the way!) no problem!  Just remember to be sure to delete the localthumbcache.package file so that you can be certain that any remaining bits of corrupted/outdated data are erased! Angel

Message 5 of 7 (7,412 Views)

★ Novice
@PugLove888 , (I love yours more ❤️😋)! Yes I did exactly what you mentioned. It helped, so I had to thank you (which I never do on forums like these). Thank you again. And thx to pandemic.
Message 6 of 7 (7,405 Views)

Champion

@bubukitty6 Well, thank you for thanking me! Angel I'm very happy that it worked! Party hat And thank you about my screenname as well! 💗

Message 7 of 7 (7,403 Views)